Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: cfd98e3

Backup: 1.4.0
Font Size Shortcut: 1.0.0
Google Fonts Plugin: 1.0.0

Sync target

File system

What issue do you have?

Imported Evernote notes successfully. I have been adding notes for a few days. Restarted my PC. all notes gone. OK. Looked for the various Joplin and Evernote backups. No can find. HALP!

Restoring from an automatic backup

By default, the installable version of Joplin should automatically create a backup to C:\Users\UserNameHere\JoplinBackup every 24 hours.

I suggest:

1. If Joplin is running, close Joplin entirely (e.g. with File > Quit).
  2. Checking for C:\Users\UserNameHere\JoplinBackup. If it exists, copy it to a safe place.
  3. Follow the plugin's instructions for how to restore from a backup:

It seems to me more likely that somehow you are pointing to the wrong place, rather than having the notes deleted. See if you can find C:\Users\YourUserName.config\joplin-desktop and is it fairly large? An empty database would be less than 1 MB. (the database.sqlite file)

OK, I found it, it's 7.6 GB. I haven't done anything to point it anywhere special. It crashed, and when it restarted....nothing was there. In fact, It now crashes every time I start it up.

Also, thanks for that. is there a way I can point it back at this database file?

I'm not where I can access my windows computer, but again, on general principles, it seems more likely that the configuration file got messed up. Hopefully someone who understands Joplin and how it finds its resources will chime in. The trick would be, which config file to rename or move after quitting the program.

1. Close Joplin
  2. Enable debuging, create a File C:\Users\YourUserName\.config\joplin-desktop\flags.txt with the following content --open-dev-tools --debug --log-level debug
  3. Start Joplin
  4. Upload the log file C:\Users\YourUserName\.config\joplin-desktop\log.log

Then someone can take a look at the logs

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.