Joplin version

Desktop version info

Sync target

OneDrive

Editor

Rich Text Editor

What issue do you have?

iOS app: Latest version downloaded from Ap Store (no way to tell from app),,
And there's no way to switch profiles like in Mac desktop app.

I have 3 profiles, and have snyced all three with same password.
Now they all 3 have all notebooks and notes in all 3 profiles combined.

I changed to different master password for one profile, then deleted a notebook, and that deleted same notebook from other 2 profiles as well.
So there seems to be an issue with Joplin sync not recognizing ID of different profiles.

How do I switch profiles in the iOS app?

And how do I delete profiles? There is no selection on Mac OS app for deletion, only for creation of profiles.

How do I turn sync off? Can I turn sync on for 1 profile and off for others? IOW can I turn sync on/off differently for each profile?

start Joplin on iOS
-> configuration
-> tools
-> manage profiles

There is nothing in Profiles but Default.
When I tap it and tap Continue I get error message - Could not switch profile: This profile is already active.
That is simply wrong.
Default profile has Welcome to Joplin! etc. whereas the active profile has all my imported notes in it, so the active profile is not Default but one of the three profiles that I created into which I imported notes.
It would help if Joplin displayed the name of the profile on the open screen like Evernote does.

Operating system

iOS

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Sync target

OneDrive

Editor

Rich Text Editor

What issue do you have?

iOS app: Latest version downloaded from Ap Store (no way to tell from app),,
And there's no way to switch profiles like in Mac desktop app.

I have 3 profiles, and have snyced all three with same password.
Now they all 3 have all notebooks and notes in all 3 profiles combined.

I changed to different master password for one profile, then deleted a notebook, and that deleted same notebook from other 2 profiles as well.
So there seems to be an issue with Joplin sync not recognizing ID of different profiles.

How do I switch profiles in the iOS app?

And how do I delete profiles? There is no selection on Mac OS app for deletion, only for creation of profiles.

How do I turn sync off? Can I turn sync on for 1 profile and off for others? IOW can I turn sync on/off differently for each profile?

I am not sure that we do not talk past each other.
So, without being an expert on profiles, let me answer as I can.

Q1 How do I delete profiles (on desktop) ?
Go to the profiles folder that contains the profiles (in my case ~/.config and delete the folder.

Q2 How do I switch profiles on the iOS app ?
that's what I tried to answer last time.

Q3 How do I turn sync off ?
on desktop: in sync settings
on iOS : just set the sync interval to "disabled"

new Q4: steps from my last answer, when you see "Default" in the top left, you also see a plus on blue background on the bottom right ... this generates a new profile, which you then sync to ...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.