I posted this about a month in GitHub as it was a repeatable bug but got no answer:
Appreciate anyone's help / ideas to solve / workaround? Too busy to do a lot of troubleshooting. My need is to have an entirely separate profile but I can easily switch databases. My main database / profile needs to sync to JoplinCloud but not the others. Thanks!
Joplin version: 2.8.8 (prod,darwin)
OS specifics: 12.5.1
- have customized profile layout similar to screenshot 1 (note, I have Favorites v1.3.0 plugin as part of my custom layout)
- create a new profile
- switch profile to new profile (no need to customize Layout for new profile)
- switch profile back to Default profile (original)
- custom application Layout for Default has been reset, one has to customize again
- each time I switch profiles, custom layout of my primary / Default resets
Custom application layouts will be remembered / linked to each profile, so automatically restored upon switching profiles, especially for my primary (Default) profile.
Logfile very long incl hash/crypto info for Joplin cloud maybe - is there a way to export shorter / non-private log if you need?
kindly see screenshots this should make bug / unexpected behavior clear: