Plugin: 🎨 macOS theme for Joplin

@andrejilderda The goal was to have only one option to enable or disable in settings. But this is a solution I will try. Thanks!

It seems to be the Theme CodeMirror One Dark. Can you add that?

My custom css is almost invalid, how to solve it.

This is not code I edited myself, I paid a programmer to write it as I asked.
If I share the css, maybe you can make a perfect css for the mac os plugin for everyone.
What do you think, at the moment I only have two options, give up this plugin or give up my css. :wink:

Is this plug-in still actively developed/supported?

Yes, reported issues are still looked into, but I don’t plan on adding any new features. It still should work perfectly though.

Glad to hear it! This is my go-to theme.

I know there are a few bugs open already, but this morning I logged Expand Notebook Arrow Icon is not Centered Β· Issue #82 Β· andrejilderda/joplin-macos-native-theme Β· GitHub. It's a minor displacement of the notebook expand arrow but it's something you see often while interacting with the app.

Should be fixed now!

1 Like

It is now possible to use emoji in stead of the folder icon (v.1.3.5).

2 Likes

@andrejilderda - Could we see an option added to the plugin to enable or disable the "highlight effect" when hovering over a notebook or note? Simply put, when you hover your cursor over a note or notebook, currently there is no highlight or indication of which notebook/note you are hovered over. I think it would be great to have a choice on whether a user would prefer to have this enabled or disabled.

Thanks!

This theme tries to mimic macOS as much as possible and since there are no hover styles within macOS I don't plan on adding this as a feature, sorry!

Does this require a specific version of Joplin? I'm running 2.8.8 and updated to the latest version of the macOS theme plugin, but the emoji is appearing with the name of the folder, not instead of the folder icon.

1 Like

Worse than that, I'm getting some overlap between the icon and the text
CleanShot 2022-12-04 at 14.15.43

@andypiper @zdavidb The folder icons currently only work on the pre-release. Sorry I was not aware of that. If you like you can subscribe to Joplin pre-releases under Joplin settings β€Ί Application or just wait a regular update to be released:

Thanks I'll check that out.

Logged Emoji Malformed Β· Issue #86 Β· andrejilderda/joplin-macos-native-theme Β· GitHub for emoji formatting/sizing.

Right, I forgot about how silly the emoji look on Windows :sweat_smile: Can you inspect the element to see what is causing the background colour?

Just to clarify for troubleshooting purposes, this is seen on Fedora.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how to inspect the element.

First and foremost: thanks for this plugin, I quickly became an addict :slight_smile:

I have also noticed the weirdness in the folder + image approach (vs. folder + icon). Here is what I see with the default theme:

And her is how the macOS plugin renders it:

Notice how all the folders which have been assigned an emoji are correctly rendered; but those that have an image instead of an emoji also get the folder icon β€” which makes it a bit confusing (please disregard the entries with three emojis, I was just making some tests, and these would never be aligned).

Perhaps there could be an option somewhere to turn off the folder icon if there is an image β€” and not only an emoji! β€” associated with a notebook? Also note that the default theme is not 100% consistent, either.

I'm seeing this same issue. I went ahead and logged an issue on Git for it: Theme Does not Honor Notebook Image Files Β· Issue #89 Β· andrejilderda/joplin-macos-native-theme Β· GitHub