This plugin parses Bible citations and renders the verses from an osis Bible file:
You can display multiple citations in the same block:
You can reference multiple verses, chapters or books within the same citation, separating verses with commas, chapters with semicolons and books with spaces. For example, the following citations are valid:
(John 3:16,18,19-21; 4:1 Mark 1:1)
The plugin features the option to display multiple versions:
To display all the available commands type the word "help" in a block:
First, thanks for the plugin. I'll find it useful. But for now, I can't get it to work. What kind of file do I need? I downloaded the ESV in xml format, but I can't get it to work. Do you have a link to Bible files that will work with the plugin? I'm using Joplin 2.4.9.
Yes, the bibles are in the source code. I think that you have to recompile it changing the path to the xml bible in OSIS format.
Im looking for help to add an option to select a desired bible file from settings.
The xml file has to be in OSIS format. I added some bibles in that format in the source code. But if you would like to add a new bible you have to recompile changing the path to you OSIS bible.
I want to fix that but as i'm very new to programming I would use some help to add an option to select the bible file from the settings.
Another issue is that the bibleIndex is only in Spanish. This would have to be adapted as well. I looked at your code and it is not bad for someone who started programming. I suggest to look at certain programming patterns, but I am also thinking that there are people visiting this forum who can help.
I'd love to help, but I haven't even found the time to write the Trash plugin yet. I have parts of it in my head, but other parts still have to be figured out, b/c the API most likely does not support what I want to do. Thus I might have to add that to the API first, which is an enhancement to the core code which I did not plan to do for the plugin. (And it is not clear, whether such a change would be accepted.)
Now I also added english support!
I hadn't added it because I couldn't pass the settings values to the markdown plugin, but now I found a way around to make it work. I'll post what I did on my other post.
Thanks. The Simple Bible Reader solved the problem. It converted the xml file to an OSIS xml file (I don't know what that means, but it works), and now it's working as intended. Thanks again for a very cool plugin.
Would it be possible to add options for displaying the name of the book and chapter differently. For example, most of the time I'd prefer to see the reference on one line, rather than two lines (e.g. Genesis 1:1-3).
I had the same thought when I started the plugin, but at first I implemented it as it is now because of simplicity; but now I'm working on a feature to allow the selection of the display format as you say.