Official Joplin plugin repository is now ready! If you are developing a plugin please read on

I did npm install -g generator-joplin && yo joplin --update
and all my plugins locally don't seem to work

What error do you get?

Plugins compile without error but when i try to install .jpl, i get:

PluginService: Installing plugin: "/home/x/Desktop/Dev/my-joplin-git/joplin-plugin-go-to-item-via-text/publish/joplin.plugin.ambrt.goToItem.jpl"
/tmp/.mount_Joplin6H…luginService.js:142 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Missing manifest file at: /home/x/.config/joplindev-desktop/tmp/joplin.plugin.ambrt.goToItem/manifest.json
    at PluginService.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_Joplin6H…luginService.js:142)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (/tmp/.mount_Joplin6H…/PluginService.js:5)

the folder mentioned has only 3 files
~/.config/joplindev-desktop/tmp/joplin.plugin.ambrt.goToItem

autocomplete.js TagsAndNotebookAsLinks.js tagsNotebooks.js
those are items from extraScripts

manifest and index aren't included.

Tested it on clean repo but same problem

Maybe some problem with the way the generator is installed? What's the output of npm list -g generator-joplin?

/usr/local/lib
└── generator-joplin@1.6.11 

I'll create empty plugin and see if it's same problem.

Empty plugin installs correctly but
the problem is with extraScripts - when i added empty asdf.js file to /src and to "extraScripts": ["asdf.js"] error of no manifest.json occurs.

Yes there was indeed an issue when compiling extra scripts - in this case it wasn't packaging the plugin correctly. I've updated the framework to fix this so if you run npm run update it should work now.

New generator works. Thanks!

I'd like to add my plugin to the list of plugins found here - Plugin List

Can some one provide simple step-by-step instructions please?

You need to run npm publish. The script will then pick it up and add it to the plugin repo and list automatically.
More steps here: joplin/packages/generator-joplin at dev · laurent22/joplin · GitHub

3 Likes