Note list scroll bar does not work

Joplin 1.2.6 (prod, win32) on Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.

In this version, note list scroll bar does not work. When cursor is over the scroll bar, cursor changes to horizontal resize. When clicking and holding on the scroll bar, it resizes the list but does not "grab" the scroll bar for scrolling. In previous versions scrolling worked.

@Irrawaddy welcome to the forum.

For the Joplin devs out there I can sort of confirm this. It looks like the scrollbar does work but the area you have to put your mouse on is a very narrow strip on the left of the scrollbar. The rest of the scrollbar area enables column resize. Almost like it has been reversed from the way one would expect it to be.

Joplin v1.2.6 Win10 2004

Edit: It looks like the column resizer lays over the scrollbar and, at 10px, is a bit too wide.

I can confirm this too. On Windows 10 the scroll bar requires almost pixel level precision if you want to scroll rather than resize.

@Irrawaddy

As a temporary fix if you put the below into your userchrome.css file it should reduce the width of the column resize area and get you the scrollbar back.

div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-root div.resizableLayoutItem.rli-noteListColumn span div {
     /* Not required for Joplin 1.3.x */
     width: 3px !important;
}

(The selector probably does not need to be as long as the above but I went for "quick" rather than "neat")

3 Likes

This CSS does the trick! Thank you.

Yes problem exist since pre release 1.2

My Fix is

::-webkit-scrollbar {
    width: 10px;
}
1 Like

Yes this is fixed in v1.3, there's now a 10px area to drag the sidebars and the scrollbar is outside this area.