More than half of my notes disappeared

Hi,

I've recently discovered that over half of my notebooks have disappeared from Joplin. Since these are journal entries, I remember certain sentences and phrases and have found that they still exist in some form in .md files in my OneDrive sync by downloading the files and running:

grep -rni "EXAMPLE SENTENCE" *

Yielding multiple query results in files which look like:

id: 0d738e1e1d864ba7a1c9e3d2406e8d12
parent_id: f5c1fe2dbf8647e485422bf78c71d5cb
item_type: 1
item_id: 335cacd63bb944d28ae0659183e47dea
item_updated_time: 1655574709130
title_diff: "[]"
body_diff: "[{\"diffs\":[[0,\"t.\\\n\\\n18th Jun\"],[1,\"e:\\\nEXAMPLE SENTENCE MIXED IN WITH THE REST OF THE NOTE \"]],\"start1\":501,\"start2\":501,\"length1\":12,\"length2\":1500}]"
metadata_diff: {"new":{},"deleted":[]}
encryption_cipher_text: 
encryption_applied: 0
updated_time: 2022-06-18T17:51:54.813Z
created_time: 2022-06-18T17:51:54.813Z
type_: 13%                             

I have come across the following errors in the log file:

Error: An error occurred in the data store.
    at OneDriveApi.oneDriveErrorResponseToError (/tmp/.mount_JoplintIS9a1/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/onedrive-api.js:124:28)

I also have many repeated errors of the following format:

2021-03-03 22:46:12: PluginService: "Could not load plugin: /home/dean/.config/joplin-desktop/plugins/outline.jpl", "Error: invalid entry
Error: invalid entry
    at Unpack.warn (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/lib/warn-mixin.js:9:18)
    at Unpack.[consumeHeader] (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/lib/parse.js:115:12)
    at Unpack.[consumeChunkSub] (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/lib/parse.js:391:30)
    at Unpack.[consumeChunk] (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/lib/parse.js:368:30)
    at Unpack.write (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/lib/parse.js:315:25)
    at Yallist.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/node_modules/minipass/index.js:374:18)
    at Yallist.forEach (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/node_modules/yallist/yallist.js:156:8)
    at ReadStream.emit (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/node_modules/minipass/index.js:373:20)
    at ReadStream.emit (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/node_modules/fs-minipass/index.js:154:22)
    at ReadStream.write (/tmp/.mount_Joplin7hOIES/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/node_modules/tar/node_modules/minipass/index.js:163:17)"

I would really like to recover the notebooks for those journal entries as they are sentimental and I know the data is there.

My logfile is too big (26MB) and I can't share a link.

How can I go about debugging this and recovering my notebooks?

Thanks in advance.

Does this error provide any additional information (e.g. a stack trace)?

Error: An error occurred in the data store.
   at OneDriveApi.oneDriveErrorResponseToError (/tmp/.mount_JoplintIS9a1/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/onedrive-api.js:124:28)

Also make sure the date/time on the device is correct! An incorrect date/time on one or more devices has been known to cause sync issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.