Modern UI/UX redesign for Joplin Mobile

Joplin has an excellent feature set, but the current mobile UI feels dated compared with modern note-taking apps such as Samsung Notes. See I've been using SamsungNotes for 2 years now and jumping to a better alternative like Joplin some how feels like going back to 2008 despite all the features it provides. I think a UI/UX refresh could make Joplin much more attractive and intuitive, especially for new users, while keeping its existing functionality and flexibility. The goal wouldn't be to remove Joplin's powerful features, but to give them a much cleaner, polished and more approachable interface...

I thought Samsung Notes had been discontinued!

My eyesight is not great, and I absolutely love that the Joplin android mobile app works without breaking on my large screen font settings. Can't think of any other app that works equally well with a fluid layout. Please, please don't change that!! Personally I'll take substance over style any day!

No, Samsung Notes is still active and being updated. A June 2026 update added a group-by-date option, smarter pasting, and PDF import. The One UI 9 beta also gave it decorative tapes and more pen line styles. [sammyfans](https://www.sammyfans.com/2026/06/04/samsung-notes-adds-three-useful-features-this-june/) [t2online]( Samsung One UI 9 Beta Launches on Galaxy S26 — What's New | t2ONLINE )

You may be thinking of two other things:

- **Galaxy Note phones:** Samsung officially ended the Galaxy Note phone line in 2022, saying the S Ultra line would fill that role. That's the hardware, not the app. [channelnews](https://www.channelnews.com.au/samsung-officially-discontinues-galaxy-note/)

- **Samsung Messages:** Samsung announced in April 2026 that its native Messages app would be discontinued. That's a different app. [sammyfans](https://www.sammyfans.com/2026/06/04/samsung-notes-adds-three-useful-features-this-june/)

Did you try Joplin 3.7? The UI has been partially redesigned, and there a more changes to come