Joplin Freezing on Linux Distros Running Kernel 5.5 Bug Update

@wolfyrion, do you know if any of your packages have pulled in the xorg-server-xwayland package by some chance? I think I just figured out a dividing factor here that’s not kernel related but can definitely give similar results as this bug.

@laurent, I’m trying to see if anyone else can verify this. There are two main rendering stacks for Desktop apps on Linux: X11 (old but stable) and Wayland (its newer replacement that isn’t fully supported by everything yet and might never be). Using the Wayland stack with the X11-compatibility package, I get this issue regardless of kernel release but have only been using it as my main for under two weeks now.

EDIT: X11 and Xwayland do not seem to have an effect here. It looks 5.6.13 and 5.7 both fixed this particular issue and thanks to another user, my results seem to be a Nextcloud syncing problem that is unrelated to this particular issue but I’ve found to be fixed by using davfs to mount a local Nextcloud instance and filesystem sync in Joplin. Possible solution written here.