How do you use Todos in Joplin?

Thanks for confirming it. That is the thing about the Obsidian extension, it can gather all the todos and show a nicely sorted way, this makes it much easier to get control of todos. Todo note type is not everyone's prefered way, I personally like to add my todos in my regular documents that is why I prefer the Obsidian way.

1 Like

It’s now possible with the Joplin inline todo plugin

3 Likes

That's what's the 'new' Evernote is all about: handling tasks scattered in various notes in a sophisticated way - yet not really intuitive if you're asking me, so that I'm no way tempted to return to any of their paid plans.

As @GreatWhiteShirt pointed out in this thread some time ago, MS ToDo / Wunderlist offers a good, intuitive way of task management, although it's not as rich in features as some of those other apps dedicated to this purpose.

For my workflow it's essential that there's a mobile app which is both easy to use and has full functionality - and that's exactly the point where Joplin fails. When it comes to the desktop version, I think that task management features are pretty good, actually (I'm using @JackGruber's Note Overview Plugin).

Any suggestions how to set up a synchronised, mobile-friendly ToDo system using FOSS tools only, so we can free ourselves from apps that may be free of charge, but collect our personal data all too freely?

https://tasks.org/ on mobile maybe? Heard good reviews but haven't used it myself.
Plus a self-hosted CalDAV server.

Thank you for this suggestion: really looks good, but alas - there's no app for iOS (but at least support for Apple reminders). And yes, I suppose those privacy-minded people get it on F-Droid and set up their own server for CalDAV. For everyone else, there are integrations to get the best from both worlds: even Microsoft Outlook and Google Tasks are supported.

But there's something even better than integrating one or more apps / services: bringing all the features of note taking and task management into one app. So let's just hope that Joplin can get as good as Evernote in that particular respect. OneNote never had a proper ToDo integration (except in conjunction with Outlook and on desktop systems only).