GSoC idea - Collaboration via Nextcloud

this is the topic in regard to the above-mentioned topic.
Anything on how to do this, how it shall be done, what features in shell include etc. is discussed here if an existing topic hasn't been created yet, see idea description below.
Your interest in this idea shall be announced here, otherwise, it gets easily lost as we would need to remember each introduction.

This topic is used to update the specification of the idea as well, even if there is an existing topic, so interested students, watch it!
Anything that shell be discussed privately as e.g. if it involves your proposal will be discussed through a private channel what is currently in discussion.

As of the moment, I'm writing this, the idea's description of https://joplinapp.org/gsoc2020/ideas.html#2-collaboration-via-nextcloudl is:

We need a way to share notes with other users, and to collaborate on notes. This is useful for companies, to collaborate on projects for example, but also for individual users when they want to share their notes with other people.

The basis for this would be the Joplin Web API for Nextcloud, which is currently used to share a note publicly, and which can be extended for other uses.

The main feature we would like to see is the ability to select a Nextcloud user from the app, then share a note with him or her. Once the note is shared, it will appear in the Joplin clients of the other user (via sync). The solution should be generic enough that it can later be used to share a whole notebook.

Expected Outcome: The user should be able to select a Nextcloud user then share a note with them. That note should then appear in the other user's Joplin clients.

Difficulty Level: High
Platforms: Desktop and/or mobile (at the student's choice)
Skills Required: JavaScript; React; React Native (for mobile)
Potential Mentor(s): Roeland Jago Douma, laurent22
More info: Forum thread about Joplin Web API for Nextcloud

1 Like

It says the linked forum post doesn’t exist it is private. Could you look into it?

there is properly a copy&paste error.

should be the right one. I'll check on it.

1 Like

title was changed that is the reason

I will fix it later