Global TODO-List

This is exactly what I’m looking for as well. I keep my notes for different projects in different notebooks, and am looking for a way to keep an overview of all - [ ]-formatted todo items. I initially thought about a technical solution to include the content of multiple todo-notes into one meta-todo-note (similar to the functionality proposed in Include the content of one note in another), but the solution discussed here would be an even better fit for my use-case.

Here’s a couple of ideas from my perspective, most in relation to the (really nice!) mockup:

• list the note title as an additional hierarchical header, so one can see in which note/todo the - [ ] was found.
    Use case: In one notebook, I might have one note titled “meeting notes marketing 01.01.2020” and another titled “meeting notes tech 20.04.2020” that each have some todos, but stem from a different context
  • make the headers collapsible to be able to quickly hide full notebooks / subnotebooks / notes
  • add a possibilty to directly jump to the todo in the original note to see even more context
    Use case: I might have some information documented in a note and made a todo below saying “Talk to Person A about this”, so the todo alone lacks information
  • not UI/UX related: Have an opt-in/opt/out mechanism to set whether a note should be included in the global note overview
1 Like