- platform: Joplin app on Android
- I was editing a large block of text.
- I accidentally hit the delete key.
- auto-save kicked in.
I lost everything that was selected.
Two possible workarounds:
- Add “Undo” functionality. It doesn’t have to be as powerful as Evernote which allows you to revert several states… but it could be.
- Add a “Don’t save” functionality. I think it’s Wordpress that marks different types of save events: User Save events and Auto-save events. User Save takes precedence. While a document is “dirty” don’t make auto-saves authoritative, because they might make edits they don’t want to make final.
(Also: thanks so much for writing Joplin! I’ve finally achieved my dream of divorcing from Evernote!)