[Feature Request] Display plugins by categories / Filter for Plugins

Oh ok, I missed that, those are very realistic! In general a low fidelity wireframe like this is sufficient when we just want to discuss the functionalities. It also makes it easier to quickly change things, then later you can create a high fidelity one like you've done (sometimes you can even skip this part for simple changes).

2 Likes

I will remember this from now on. It will simplify the process, as creating these UI mock-ups did take some time.

I thought I should share a preview of what has been implemented so far. I have implemented the drop-down list as a separate component rather than 'Settings option' as I don't think we need to store the filter value in a database or file.

Furthermore, I was thinking of adding a button to clear the applied filter and on clicking it we will display 'Installed' plugins. This will be placed right after the drop-down list.
Now I have to just implement enabled/disabled filter and of course the tests. I know that line separator doesn't look great, I have just added it for demo purpose and will improve it.

Let me know what do you think.

5 Likes

Nice.
What is the default filter when you go on to the page? Installed plugins?
Wouldn't it be better to show all plugins when you go onto the page and set no filter or all as default?
I find it bad when I search for plugins and have to switch from installed to something else.

Thanks JackGruber,

The "Installed" is not the default filter. We decided to show installed plugins by default, same as we do now, without any filter. And to search in "Installed" you will need to apply that filter. So there is no default filter.

If you used search bar when no filter is selected, then it will search through all the plugins.

1 Like

Hey guys,
Do you think when searching in "Installed" category, you should be able to enable/disable plugins? Because from current behaviour after searching for plugins, we cannot enable/disable them.

I think no matter the filter, any extensions that show up and are installed should have the option to enable/disable/uninstall from that view.

2 Likes

Yes, I think this would be important!

Experimenting with plugins, I noticed that there are conflicts between several plugins. It is very bothersome to manually turn on/off each plugin to detect which plugin setting causes the conflict.

I would like to have a setting to turn on or off all plugins. Furthermore, a setting where I could collect all plugins I am using every day in order to switch between turn off all and turn on just my preferred plugins.

1 Like