Docker image doesn't exist

Hi all,
I'm trying to intall Joplin server with docker, but it seems that the image doesn't exists:
ERROR: manifest for laurent22/joplin-server:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown
Has it been removed because of the Docker move the last week?
Where else can I find the original image?
Thanks!

On the repro is no latest tag.
https://hub.docker.com/r/laurent22/joplin-server/tags

Docker is deleting Open Source organisations
I have not dealt with the topic, but perhaps joplin should move the images to GHCR and not a personal repro?

Thanks!
But...is there just a beta version?

My intention was to move to laurent22/joplin-server because I don't want to pay Docker's ransom. But I see there's an option to convert a team account (which is the "joplin" namespace on Docker) to a personal account, so I've contacted them to see if they can do that.

If they do, it's good because we don't need to change anything. Otherwise, I'll move it to the above mentioned name and unfortunately everybody will have to update their server.

So for now, no need to update anything, keep using joplin/server

2 Likes

How about the DSOS Project?

Its possible they might see Joplin as falling foul of:

Not have a pathway to commercialization. Your organization must not seek to make a profit through services or by charging for higher tiers. Accepting donations to sustain your efforts is permissible.

It depends on how they think the relationship of Joplin and Joplin Cloud.
Users can build their own Joplin Server or use any Joplin Server they prefer, and Joplin Cloud is just one of the servers they might choose. The Joplin Cloud is just a independent entity with the same developer(s) as Joplin's.

Yes but you have to remember that Joplin Server is made available with a "non-free" licence that basically reserves the right for commercial use by Joplin only.

The article @JackGruber posted also touches on this as it seems Docker are using it liberally:

1. Docker has a hostile and out of touch definition of what is allowable for their Open Source program. It rules out anything other than spare-time projects, or projects that have been wholly donated to an open-source foundation.

"Not have a pathway to commercialization. Your organization must not seek to make a profit through
services or by charging for higher tiers. Accepting donations to sustain your efforts is permissible.

This language has been softened since the initial email, I assume in an attempt to reduce the backlash.

Oh I didn't notice that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.