Clip complete page (HTML) - Clipping YouTube - Cannot clip - "error":"Internal Server Error: Path is empty:"

Hello,

I checked this Forum and GitHub, but no one has the same issue.

I’ve been testing Joplin for the past week or so and I’m really impressed by it. One of the sites I’d like to capture is YouTube (comments section). The full HTML capture (Clip Complete Page HTML (BETA)) seems to be the best fit for this, however I’m getting the following error in the Clipping Tool:

There was some error creating the note: {"error":"Internal Server Error: Path is empty: \n\nError: Path is empty\n at filename (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/lib/path-utils.js:19:19)\n at Api.downloadImage_ (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:600:68)\n at downloadOne (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:637:33)\n at promiseProducer (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:646:11)\n at Object.next (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:52:23)\n at PromisePool._proceed (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:200:37)\n at PromisePool._onPooledPromiseFulfilled (/tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:169:12)\n at /tmp/.mount_JoplinFZaEkS/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:188:14"}

found
Service status: Ready on port 41184

The exact same error in the debug console:

/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/logger.js:124 2020-02-10 22:32:27: "Error: Path is empty
Error: Path is empty
    at filename (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/path-utils.js:19:19)
    at Api.downloadImage_ (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:600:68)
    at downloadOne (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:637:33)
    at promiseProducer (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:646:11)
    at Object.next (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:52:23)
    at PromisePool._proceed (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:200:37)
    at /tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:143:12
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at PromisePool.start (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/node_modules/es6-promise-pool/es6-promise-pool.js:138:21)
    at Api.downloadImages_ (/tmp/.mount_JoplinJjpNCA/resources/app/lib/services/rest/Api.js:651:14)"
  1. Joplin version: 1.0.179 (appimage)
  2. OS: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 64bit
  3. Browser: Brave Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  4. Browser plugin: 1.0.19
  5. Website being tested on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LHLAcd14b4

I tried on a few random videos and the error is consistent.

Thank you!

Hello,

I'd like to bump this. Should I create a github issue? It's not a problem for me, if this makes your life easier :slight_smile:

Thank you!

That should be fixed in the latest version of the clipper.

Awesome :open_mouth: Thank you!