Building a digital garden using Joplin Garden Worker

Hello, I want to share my new project here. It is Joplin Garden Worker (JGW). It is a tool to export notes from Joplin to build (but not limited to) a digital garden website.

Unlike the traditional personal blog that publishes a set of articles in a reversed chronological order, the digital garden is a lot like a wiki with evolving ideas connected by links.

The JGW exports the notes into a folder. It will modify the content like the link according to the engine chosen. If Hugo is chosen, you may build a static site using its command line tool based on the content from the export folder.

Project Site: benlau/joplin-garden-worker: Export notes from Joplin to build a digital garden website

Demo sites:

Features

• Exported tag-filtered notes from Joplin
  • Export to Hugo / Github Wiki
  • Support link transclusion
  • Support running custom post-processing scripts
    • e.g show backlinks on a note

Building a site with Hugo usually requires a lot of customization. The Joplin Garden Worker supports running a few hook scripts to customize the output. However, the document is far from complete. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here or on Github.

4 Likes

I've done joplin-blog before, recently rewritten to mami, seems to function similarly, exporting joplin/obsidian (or other compatible sources) to compatible output like hexo/hugo/local/raw etc.

1 Like