Hability to create a blog from Joplin Notes

Hello!

I've been trying to find an easy way to export my Joplin school notes to a GitHub page. I love how they turn out in Joplin, but they're too many to export individually as PDF and embed individually or turn each markdown file to a Jekyll format.

The main problem I've been getting when I export all my notes using 'Export-> HTML Directory' is that the images are referenced from a '"_resources" path, which isn't accessed from GitHub. When I open them in Firefox it reads them fine which means it's definitely something I'm not doing right.

I'm sorry if this isn't directly a Joplin thing, but I would love if someone could guide me to export my notebook as a GitHub web Page.

Thanks in advance, and I'm a big fan of the app!

Maybe this plugin can help you?

Thank you very much!

It seems like it does exactly what I need, but I'm a bit concerned about the fact that it needs a GitHub security Token.

Is it safe to use?

I also created a nodejs cli that integrates with more existing frameworks including hexo/vuepress/docsify/jekyll, if you like the command line or want to automate things (e.g. use github actions to read and publish once a day etc.) , you can consider using it

Is there a way to connect to Joplin in real time? I want to implement the new, edit and remove notes operations in my blog. My blog is not dependent on any blog frameworks, it is written by my hands, and until now it is still a dynamic website rather than a package of static pages. Since I used Joplin, I have always wanted to integrate my own set of markdown system with it.

I'm working on the adaptor to Joplin Terminal CLI. It may help.

And I noticed that the CLI doesn't support sub-notebooks so I reply to an issue just now.

Thank you :grinning:

The first extension worked great, but I used a burner account I created to test it while I checked the code a bit to understand why it needs so much access.

I checked out the blog you made your CLI tool, and it looks very impressive. I think I'll use this one because of the automation it has.

The data api is available on both desktop and terminal

Thanks for your pointer. I almost walked on a deviant route!

But I've followed the api auth document to request the clipper token programmatically. I can not find a way to accept the token request in the terminal, and the token status is always waiting. I have no solution.

--- update ---

I finally find the way here:

Thank you so much and have a nice day!

2 Likes