I found this bug long time ago, but it has not been fixed yet.
So this bug could be one already known.
reproduction of this bug:
- select a note
- select "move to notebook" menu, or you can choose it from command palette (ctrl+shift+p)
- a pop up window where you can choose target notebook shows
- just press "enter" without selecting any target notebook
- the pop up window is gone
- repeat from step 2.. but nothing happens...
- from now on, you can't move any note to any notebook (because "move to notebook" popup does not show any more.. even if you choose "move to notebook" menu or command palette) until you quit and restart joplin
This functionality works well in my Joplin desktop.
Have you selected first the notebook name in your point 3 before pressing enter? Beside these process, you can select your note with your mouse and drag and drop into the target notebook.
And for a commons or repetitive notes movement you can use Quick Move plugin.
Joplin 2.3.5 (prod, linux)
Yes, I know that.
under normal condition, it works well.
but if you mistakenly press "enter" without selecting any target notebook, you will not be able to any note to any notebook until you quit and restart joplin client...
Right, I misunderstand the issue. Have you reported the bug on Github?
Oh, this was already posted as a new issue, now I don't need to report it again.
I cannot replicate this. Do you have an error message in the log? How to enable debugging | Joplin
I can replicate it in a couple of different environments:
Joplin 2.2.7 (prod, darwin) macOS 11.1
Joplin 2.1.9 (prod, win32) Windows 10
Joplin 2.3.5 (prod, win32) Windows 10 (Joplin portable)
Replication steps are exactly as provided, just to reiterate:
- Right click note -> Move to notebook. Move to notebook dialogue will appear
- Press enter, do not select from dropdown. Nothing in Joplin will change
- Right click note (any note) -> Move to notebook. Move to notebook dialogue does not show and function cannot be accessed until Joplin is restarted
I've attached the console log from when the note was selected as well as the entire log.txt - both from the v2.3.5 version of Joplin portable with an entirely blank (aside from default notes + one extra folder) database.
Either way, this section from the console doesn't look particularly fantastic:
C:\Users\username\AppDa…e-driver-node.js:21 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Error: SQLITE_CONSTRAINT: NOT NULL constraint failed: notes.parent_id: UPDATE `notes` SET `parent_id`=?, `updated_time`=?, `is_conflict`=?, `conflict_original_id`=? WHERE `id`=?: ,1629556560475,0,,d4043a54a0b34d91a7860f59223c45a9
at DatabaseDriverNode.sqliteErrorToJsError (C:\Users\username\AppDa…e-driver-node.js:21)
at JoplinDatabase.sqliteErrorToJsError (C:\Users\username\AppDa…\lib\database.js:34)
at JoplinDatabase.<anonymous> (C:\Users\username\AppDa…lib\database.js:124)
at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)
at rejected (C:\Users\username\AppDa…n\lib\database.js:6)
log.txt (24.4 KB)
consolelog.txt (1.7 KB)
Could you create a bug report with this info please?
Either way is fine, as long as there's an issue number to link to when fixing the bug.