Attachments Sync

If you want to change the location, you can indeed use symlinks or the (unsupported) --profile flag.

I did a work around on this. I just synced my /.config/joplin-desktop file with Syncthing and it’s working now.

I have the same issue.
Syncing between Windows - Android - Ubuntu

Images are visible in Windows client (original system) but not on Android or Ubuntu clients.
All text syncs correctly.
The pictures are indeed in the %user%.config directory on Windows.

I cant really additionally sync this folder as monsieur40a suggest because the different operating systems have different file systems and this doesn’t seem like the intended solution.

I’m syncing through the file system option to a custom folder, which is then synced using Mega.

It’s not a deal breaker for me as I am happy to have this very cool alternative to OneNote but I would love to know if the situation can be remedied through a different setup on my end - is there a best practice which I’m missing? I’m surprised that I cant really find too much about this issue, the tickets concerning it all seem to have been closed and locked…

Hello.

I also would like to report this issue. I have lost 100% of attached files/images in all of my notes.

I have been using Joplin exclusively and never backed my notes anywhere else. I use it on two Linux pc's and one Android device. I keep Joplin clients up to date on all of my deices.

I am not sure when or why this happened. I just opened notes one day on my main PC, and they all look like that:

Screenshot_20210614_182248

Attempting to open the PDF:

After I saw this on my main PC, I looked at my Android and second Linux PC, and it is the same.

I tried it now, with new image attachments, and it seems to work, but loosing your attachments like that is terrifying. Any idea why this has happened?

Most likely you or some tool accidentally deleted the ".resource" folder at some point. What do you use for sync?

1 Like

I used Yandex.Disk for a long time as a WebDAW. Five months ago, I switched to my self-hosted Nextcloud. It worked just fine, and then one day my Joplin notes had that issue.

I see what you mean. I will make sure this does not happen again and also back it up. Thanks.

It's a bit a problem with the sync target structure because ".resource" may be hidden in some UIs or skipped when moving files around. I'd like to have this changed some day and rename it to just "resource" without the dot.

1 Like