Any suggestions on what plugins could be created?

Inline #tags support

9 Likes

I would like to see ZimDesktopWiki's Default Applications, with this plugin you can open any file/folder path to any application (portable or installed). Example directory paths "D:\folderpath", you could open it on another File Manager, not just Windows Explorer. Maybe you have an image "D:\images\photo.jpg" file you want to edit, you just highlight the path and open with Portable inkscape or Portable gimp.

Here are the option you put when you set an application in ZimDesktopWiki

%f a single file path to be opened
%F a list of file paths to be opened
%u a single URL to be opened
%U a list of URLs to be opened
%c the application name

Here are some more plugin ideas from ZimDesktopWiki
Zim Wiki Plugins List

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @laurent

I dont know if it would be useful to many people but at least for me would be very helpful a lilypond plugin to render music notation in Joplin. Today I have to open musescore to create one or two bars, take a snapshot and paste in my notes.
It’s not too painfull but it would be great if I could make it directly into Joplin.

9 Likes

Hi @laurent,
I use Joplin massively on todo list management.
Plugin for the calendar can be a huge step for todo list management on Joplin.

Please create calendar plugin for Joplin,
In my opinion, the plugin should work like this way :
If we set date on a note or a todo, The plugin can list notes or todos on a day by day view.

14 Likes

I’d like to see a plugin that allows you to have multiple notes open at a time in tabs, or perhaps even side by side

19 Likes

A conflict resolution plugin with colored diff.

22 Likes

Or maybe at least a way to use an external tool for this much like there’s an option to use an external editor.

4 Likes

Another thought: the capability for plugins to add to an area above mobile/tablet keyboard when displayed (for adding shortcut buttons, such as tabs for indenting lines).

2 Likes

spreadsheet editor with formatting and formula support could be useful
thanks

2 Likes

I doubt this is ever going to happen. I think spreadsheet editor is a much more complicated kind of app than Joplin (how many open source note taking apps vs spreadsheets are there?)
Some things are better left to specialized apps.

2 Likes

Yes, using iframe preview may be a correct solution, professional things are left to professional tools to do

1 Like

I thinking something similar to Emacs Org mode as spreadsheet:

Org as a spreadsheet system:

2 Likes

A Pandoc-wrapper plugin that allows to

• export to the different file formats that pandoc supports. either directly to a file (.odt, .html, …), or to the clipboard (when exporting as mediawiki markup or similar)
  • (much less important, but why not…) import “foreign” files or formats as markdown / joplin notes (again: from file, or from clipboard)
6 Likes

Paste Special

We had previous discussions about adding Paste Special
e.g. if a spreadsheet is in the clipboard or a csv so that it then would be translated into a markdown table and pasted.

10 Likes

Hi,

I’m not exactly sure how you’d do it, but it would be handy to have some way to hook Joplin up to IFTTT or similar. Being able to automate the population of Joplin notes via external services would be helpful.

UPDATE: Two ideas on how this could possibly be implemented:

1. Create a plugin that adds “auto import” functionality. This would be a one-way movement of data from a nominated location/folder where items are staged, and these are ingested into Joplin. Either the items include metadata describing how to configure the import into Joplin (which notebook, title, tags, etc) or the plugin just ingests them into a nominated import notebook. IFTTT could be configured to write the items to the ingestion location (e.g. a OneDrive folder).

2. Setup some form of command queue using a well-supported cloud based service, and have the plugin reach out to query that queue for instructions to execute. This may include more advanced features than above and could allow for two way communications (e.g. announcing new notes that had been created). There are lots of options that could be used for the command queue (Google’s Pub/Sub, IMAP, …) but ideally in the first instance it would be something that most automation services could work with if the user was willing to do some configuration/setup themselves.

Thanks, Matt

2 Likes
  • add colors, to highlight a word in a note
  • add Pen-Support, to be able to draw a note
9 Likes

I would like to see something that gives me the ability to reformat tables in the unrendered markdown code.
So that a table that looks like this:

| Lorem Ipsum | is |
| --- | ---: |
| simply | dummy |
|text of the printing | and typesetting industry. |

Can automatically be reformatted into this:

| Lorem Ipsum          |                       is |
| -------------------- | -----------------------: |
| simply               |                    dummy |
| text of the printing | and typesetting industry |
19 Likes

I have two suggestions on the very top of my list:

• Zotero / BibTex integration for bibliographical references - this is a killer feature for students, academics, journalists, and many other people. Zettlr has that feature, but I prefer Joplin which is a much better note-taking platform overall. Since Zettlr is open source, maybe their implementation could be easily adapted for Joplin?

• An implementation of the Zettlekasten method allowing easy two-way linking between notes to connect ideas. This is increasingly becoming one of the most requested productivity features for note-taking software, and having this in Joplin would be amazing. (Zettlr also happens to have this feature, so maybe their open-source implementation could be easily adapted to Joplin.)

Apart from these two extremely useful features, I already find Joplin vastly superior to every other note taking software out there. It has quickly become a indispensable tool in my workflow, so let me take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic work!

40 Likes

I am very grateful to you for leading me to Zettlekasten! Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi Laurent, all,
thank you for this phantastic app!

Here my 0.02 €, for some features ideas:

1. ctrl-g search-while-you-type for
  • insert inter-note and notebook links
  • move note to notebook,
  • tags
  1. Navigation history, back and foreward movement like vim’s ctrl-I ctrl-O, also between notes

2. Multiple per-notebook sync-accounts for private/team notebooks.

3. “what-links-here”-back references

4. flat list of notes across all notebooks to order by date/last edited

5. Zotero integration, reference mangement

6. Vim/neovim integration

7. Footnotes

8. TOC

Would like to pitch in addition to donations, but am not sure where to begin is there a plugin-howto?

keep up the awesome work and excellent community!
Jakob

5 Likes