Agenda [MAINTAINER NEEDED]

Agenda [MAINTAINERS NEEDED]

Overview

Agenda is looking for a maintainer. If you are interested, message @BeatLink

An agenda/calendar/schedule panel plugin for joplin that shows all uncompleted to-dos with a due date

This plugin that displays an agenda/schedule/calendar view in a side panel. It shows all incomplete to-dos with a due date (but that is configurable). All to-dos are displayed in a chronological order, grouped by day and sorted by time.

Installation

Agenda can be installed from within Joplin by navigating to the plugins page in the settings menu then searching for and installing "Agenda"

Links

20 Likes

Super. Thank you for this initiative. An element in Joplin's universe that reinforces for me the need to improve the architecture of "todo". But this is great. Thank you.

I assume it'll show up on the plugin downloads page? If not, can you please make one installation file? I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Its been deployed! you can go ahead and search using the plugin page inside joplin

Thanks! It didn't show up for me until I just restarted Joplin. But now I've got it installed.

Please let me know what you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right off the bat, I think I'd need to customize the color scheme a bit. I'm using the Ohmine dark theme and the todo item is a bit hard to read because it's blue. Can it be changed via CSS? If so, what do I need to change?

I have the same problem because I use the same theme. Also, it seems that the button to activate/deactivate the sidebar from the toolbar is not working :thinking:

I don't know if it's related to the Agenda plugin or to the repeating to-do plugin, but when I mark a repeating item as done, the next instance of the item doesn't show up as I expected it to.

Also, it'd be nice if there could be a visual clue (e.g. different color or an icon) that differentiates repeating todo items from non-repeating todo items.

I have the same problem because I use the same theme. Also, it seems that the button to activate/deactivate the sidebar from the toolbar is not working

I fixed the panel toggle option and showed the toggle on the settings page. The patched build should be deployed in an hour at most. Thanks for letting me know!

Right off the bat, I think I'd need to customize the colour scheme a bit. I'm using the Ohmine dark theme and the to-do item is a bit hard to read because it's blue. Can it be changed via CSS? If so, what do I need to change?

There is a CSS file handling the panel but right now it only manages spacing and font sizes. The problem with implementing a specific CSS theme, would be that what works for one theme (or person) may not work for another. But if it helps i could add some IDs and classes to the panel HTML elements, that way you can customize the elements using your own CSS files.

I don't know if it's related to the Agenda plugin or to the repeating to-do plugin, but when I mark a repeating item as done, the next instance of the item doesn't show up as I expected it to.

I'm actually working on the repeating to-do plugin as we speak. I'm going to overhaul it and remove all the memory leaks. With the new events endpoint, I wont need to poll the entire notes list for changes so the plugin should be much more efficient.

Also, it'd be nice if there could be a visual clue (e.g. different colour or an icon) that differentiates repeating to-do items from non-repeating to-do items.

I'll look into adding this once I'm done with both plug-ins

I've created the following CSS IDs and Classes

#agendaBody - ID for the main agenda body, the topmost HTML element in the side panel
#agendaHeading - ID for the main agenda heading. Its the one that says "Agenda" at the top of the panel
.agendaDate - Class for the date headings that separates the task into days
.agendaTodo - Class for each task paragraph, that every task is contained in
.agendaTodoCheckbox - Class for each task's completion checkbox
.agendaTodoTime - Class for each task's time label
.agendaTodoTitle - Class for each task's title link

Hopefully these should be able to help with custom theming.

Thanks. Where do I find these CSS settings?

They would be under Joplin Settings -> Appearance -> Advanced Settings -> Custom stylesheet for Joplin-wide app styles

1 Like

Sorry, but I need more help. Are you saying that somewhere in the css file I need to paste in the #agenda data that you gave above? I guess what'd really be helpful is to know exactly what I'd need to add to the css file to change the agenda item from the current blue to something easier to read like the green used for numbered list items.

I've been struggling to add the CSS changes for the plugin via the way i prescribed. Perhaps it may not be possible. As an alternative. I could set the link to look like normal text.

In terms of CSS maybe @Nacandev could help :thinking:

I want to test it but I don't know what is happening after install it. It seems a big crash, and super heavy loading.

I just pushed the latest build to NPM, the links now render as regular text.

@Nacandev How many tasks do you have

What tasks? this one?

How many todo in joplin ? Because the plugin displays the todo with their deadline in the sidebar. Maybe you have a lot of them? That could explain the excessive use of resources?