Rocketbook integration

I have posted a request to Rocketbook to add the ability to preformat for Joplin. Here’s the request:
https://rocketbook.featureupvote.com/suggestions/70411/add-support-for-joplin-notebook-formats-on-drive-dropbox-onedrive-targets

If anyone here uses Rocketbook, please consider upvoting. If anyone has worked on something like an IFTTT integration to grab Rocketbook output from Dropbox, Drive, or elsewhere, and reformat it for Joplin, please let me know! I’ve searched forums here, generally, and at Rocketbook, but nobody seems to have set up this integration yet.

4 Likes

What format is rocket book in? This app can be set to watch a directory which will upload all notes (images and markdown I think) into Joplin.

1 Like

Images are PDF, JPG, or GIF. When OCR’d by Rocketbook, they can be two separate files or combined into a DOCX with an embedded JPG or as two files: a PDF and a second file (txt or docx, I’m not certain)

1 Like

I think if you set up rocketbook to just output the image the @kellerjustin s app will take care of the OCR and upload it into Joplin. Although I can imagine that rocketbook might have a better OCR engine, so having the importer grab a pdf or something is probably better.

His app is on github so you could probably update it to handle the pdf/text pair. Should be fairly simple to get exactly what you want.

1 Like

This thread is super old, but I think this is still a relevant issue. I tried @kellerjustin's app. As it uses Tesseract OCR, it can read typeface really well. However, the ability to read handwriting is lacking a bit. The OCR built-in to the Rocketbook app is excellent for handwriting, so it would be advantageous to be able to get the generated text into Joplin easily. The Rocketbook built-in Evernote integration works well and would be a great feature to mimic.

I too use Rocketbooks a lot and would love this feature. I haven't set it up yet, but this email gateway might be a decent work around. I do think, though, that this would not be a very user friendly way to handle this issue.

I think I found something that works! I use the Rocketbook app to OCR my handwritten notes and send them to my email as a 'destination' with both the image and text transcription as separate attachments. I set up a rule in my email app to move attachments in messages that come from my Rocketbook account to a specific local folder. I then use the Joplin 'hotfolder' plugin to monitor that same local folder for changes, so it creates new notes from each attachment. I then use the 'combine notes' plugin to tidy up the created notes as needed. The result is I can send from my Rocketbook app and get a new note in Jopin with the OCR transcription in about 10 seconds.

3 Likes

I just tried that myself and it works pretty well! I'm using Thunderbird and FiltaQuilla add on to accomplish this myself.

1 Like