Modify Note List Font Family

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

What issue do you have?

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to adjust my custom css such that I can set the 'note list' font family. See the attached picture.

I haven't been able to find anything helpful in the forums...

Screenshots

Screenshot 2023-12-27 135344.png

Add this to userchrome.css:

.note-list-item > a > span {
  font-family: "Arial" !important;
}

May I ask how to change the color of the font of the NOTEBOOKS list (the leftmost pane) to white please? Thanks!

For changing notebook list item font color, add this to userchrome.css:

.list-item-container > .list-item {
  color: #FFFFFF !important;
}

Thank you so much!

Screenshot 2023-12-27 143005

Sorry for another question: Is there a way to change the menu bar color in Joplin (File | Edit | View ...)? Thanks.

Unfortunately, that didn't work...

System settings typically control menu bar appearance. Solutions include changing the color in theme settings (if editable), applying a new theme, or tweaking an existing theme's code to change that specific color.

1 Like

Double-check the pasted CSS. Check dev tools to see if it's properly applied. Try a different font family or font type, like sans-serif or monospace, to clearly distinguish it from the default font.

Otherwise, it works on my end. Maybe someone else can advise?

I think I've figured it out.

Instead of

.note-list-item > a > span {
  font-family: "Arial" !important;
}

I had to add:

div,span,a {
  /* font-family: Roboto */
  font-family: 'Jetbrains Mono Regular';
}

That's strange. My CSS affects note title text only within note list items. Your CSS also affects unrelated elements like other note list elements, the sidebar, the Options sidebar, buttons, etc.

Not sure what to say. I figured it out by bringing up the dev tools, manually changing the settings there until I got what I wanted, 'copied the differences' (an option under the right-click menu) and stuck it into the css file.

In any event, i think I can call this issue resolved. Thanks for your help @muzak !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.