Kanban Board Project

I suggest you do the easy thing first, so this:

Currently, the way to see the board would be to open the board note first, then you could open any of the tasks and the board would remain visible.

Then based on feedback and time remaining we might reconsider. Unless the decision has to be made now and there will be no way back.

1 Like

Hey Balint, this is amazing, thanks for putting in the work on this! Is there already a development version we can install and try out? I

2 Likes

Hey! Sorry for the late answer, I've been having exams this week at university.

Currently the UI is not yet functional, but by next week I expect to have it working. I'll be sure to post the first usable version here as soon as it's ready!

4 Likes

Gooid luck with the exams! I'll stay tuned and check for updates here. Super stoked!

1 Like

Good luck with your exams! Excited to see this project grow, let us know if you need testers!

If you are still interested in testing, this thread has a beta build and details on installing. Kanban Plugin Weekly Report - #15 by mablin7

Plugin released! :partying_face:

I've just released the plugin on npm, it is now available for installing! In my testing the plugin proved to be quite stable and with most of the major features done, I wanted the plugin to be as accessible as possible for people wanting to test it.

Please note, that this is not a final release! There are still bugs and missing features. The main purpose of this release is to test the plugin as much as possible.

9 Likes

It's amazing! I would love to test, but as a noob user, I installed the plugin from the plugin menu... and I don't know how to start a kanban. I tried ````kanban ... ```, but it's not working. I'm a long time user and use a few Joplin plugin, but I would be happy to help if I find a way to start a Kanban :wink:
Thanks again for the hard work!

How do I create a board? This does not work for me

```kanban
columns: 
  - 
    name: Backlog    
    backlog: true
  - 
    name: Working
    tag: wip
  - 
    name: Done
    completed: true
    tag: done
```โ€‹

Hey! Thanks for trying out the plugin!

First, make sure you've restarted Joplin after installing the plugin.

Then create a new empty note and paste in the config. Then switch to another note and back. This is a limitation right now, it will be improved in the future.

If still nothing happens, please locate your profile directory (Help > Open profile directory) and send me the kanban-logs.txt file. It doesn't contain any personal info, it's just the logs of this plugin.

1 Like

The config is correct, please try to switch to another note and back.

1 Like

You may be aware of this and I know you were going to improve the UI but just in case:

I restarted the app, but it was not working, but I tried the next morning after having restarted the computer and it worked. I might have closed the Joplin window but not the software. It's working fine now. Thanks a lot. I will test it and give you feedback if I have some. Great work!

Excellent work!!!!! It is working well and this plug-in adds a remarkable value to Joplin. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Awesome work, I love it!

1 Like

I've just created a wiki page with detailed instructions on how to use the plugin! You can find it here:

6 Likes

Very nice good job. I have only spent a few minutes playing around with it and it looks promising. Some feedback:

1. as already noted Notes with long titles have text spilling out of the textbox in the Kanban board. Solution I think would be to make the text dynamically resize to fit the textbox or the other way round the textbox resizing according to the text. I would rather have the same textbox sizes cause things look cleaner and the text size becoming smaller if there is a lot of text

2. This one might not make sense for Kanban methodology but I see this plugin being used to tracked work and in some instance I have multiple tags on the same note and currently such notes will only show up once on the Kanban board according to the first tag that they have. For example I have a tag for when there is an issue with a task and note with issues get the "issues" tag but the same note might have a "testing" tag. Meaning that that particular tasks is being tested hence the "testing" tag but also has issues hence the "issues" tag. I think this might get tricky to solve and probably is beyond the scope but it might be worth noting in the documentation at least.

3. Is there a way to export the Kanban board to pdf or even as an HTML file?

Once again thank you for your work very good plugin even as it is currently

1 Like

Thank for the feedback @meldarionqeusse!

This will be fixed in the next release.

I'm sorry, I don't understand, could you explain what would you like to work differently? Would you like the same note to show up in two columns?

Currently not, but it would be fairly easy to implement, so if there's a need for this I can add it.

Yes for point number 2 that's what I am suggesting that the note would appear in two or more columns if it has more than one tag.

And forgot to add I think it would make sense if the notes are linked to the actual notes

Hey all, I've just posted the final report here: Kanban Plugin Weekly Report - #72 by mablin7

2 Likes