Is there a way to synch the desktop and mobile app without the need of dropbox or nextcloud

I got, may be, a bug for this solution of Joplin and Syncthing. I am not sure is this bug exist too in Joplin and other sync. solution, i have not tested.

Problem: Item(note or todo) switching Notebooks at mobile, but desktop item does not followed to be same updated after sync. If reversing: Item(note or todo) switching Notebooks at Desktop, mobile item will be sync and same result as Desktop.

Work around: manually switch it fr. note to todo, then todo back note. Finally sync again.

@FernandoCabral
hii,

i am new to joplin. like many, evernote, samsung note.. they all not as good as joplin which i felt no being bound to.

since you hav used synchthing and joplin to sync betw android and pc, would you pls make a detailed instructional video or post with pic to teach us setup for android and linux ? both joplin and syncthing are relatively new to me. i am struggling to do according to the text instruction.

thx

1 Like

I have a pc, work on chromebook and carry an iphone. Is there a way to sync Joplin across all three?

Valdus

Hello, and welcome.
Pretty much anything would work for this. The easiest would be to set up sync using Dropbox, Google Drive, or try the beta of Joplin Cloud. (Connect to it from the first device, say the PC, and wait for sync to finish. Then log in on the other devices and sync there too.)

1 Like

Hello,

I have 2 PC and iphone. I setup Joplin sync between PC1 with my iPhone throug Dropbox. It's work smoothly.
Now I want to sync between PC1 with PC2 (which in my office and can't connect to Dropbox). So, In PC2, I choose synchronize method is File system, and sync by Syncthing. I sync directly Joplin directory in Dropbox of PC1 with a directory in PC2, and choose this directory in Joplin. But Joplin in PC2 can't get any note from synced directory. It's just show synchronized, although I choose option " Delete local data and re-download from sync target".

Could you help me please.
TuanNV