Feature request/discussion: Custom API metadata

I'll certainly want to give it a try; but I'll be mostly offline during the upcoming weeks.

Thank you!

1 Like

This is only usable from the plugin API, right? I.e. not over the WebApi.

Yes, just plugin API at the moment

It took a while, but I finally got to play with it a bit. It's great, thanks! :star2:
As it is, it already helps a lot.

I'm mostly building plugins that sync data between my various other systems and Joplin. For example, I want to check which notes have been updated since the last sync, and send them somewhere.

With that in mind, in case you'd want to add features, my wish list would be, in this order:

• per-plugin metadata. I'd like to set a value associated with a plugin, not a note, and have it synced across devices. (Usage: 'Last time Joplin was synced to this target was at '.)
  • ability to query notes based on metadata - "return all notes that don't have key X set", or "return all notes that have the key X set to Y", etc. (Kinda like I can now do "get notes for tag".)
  • UI to see the metadata for the current note. (E.g. have the "Note properties" window either say "no custom metadata", or have a link where I could see all of them in a table.) It might be sufficient to have this enabled in dev mode. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Thanks again!