Easier night mode switching in Android?

I know this is a topic that has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd bring it up again now the evenings are getting darker :smiley:

Lately I have fallen in love with the automatic night mode switching on Android, During the day, I like the white background and after dark, it's so soothing to the eyes to get a dark background. Most apps switch automatically, but I know from previous discussions that this isn't quite as straightforward in Joplin due to the various themes.

However right now there couldn't be a less user friendly way to switch. Click the menu, Configuration, scroll down to Appearance, click Theme, switch to the theme you want, click the Save button, then the back button. Rinse, repeat every night/morning. Needless to say I can't be bothered so I just leave it on the light theme.

Would it be possible to move the feature up a little so I won't have to scroll down (and being in the middle, of course I scroll too far 9 out of 10 and then need to scroll back up again). I mean I have needed to change language/date/time format etc exactly zero times, yet it's right at the top. It would be a huge improvement if the theme option could be at the top instead.

Of course I'd still love automatic switching based on the phone's theme settings, but I think that the change I proposed would have the lowest impact... and to my non-programmers' viewpoint the easiest to implement :slight_smile:

Thanks for considering this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.