Change font-family in tables (userstyle.css)

I'd like to have Courier (or another monospace) in my tables. For Viewer (rendered markdown).

table {
font-family: courier, monospace
font-size: 20px
}

font-size works. font-family not.

Thanx

Probably just that you're missing the semicolons at the end of each line so only the last is valid?

I'm sorry, there are semicolons at the end of both lines. Just forgotten.

table {
font-family: courier, monospace;
font-size: 20px;
}

font-size works. font-family not.

Try table td instead. Yours is getting overwritten by another selector.

Works fine. Thank You :slight_smile:

table td {
}

1 Like

Possible to get courier in tables also in RTF-Editor?

Yeah, there are a bunch of ways to do it, you can use the built in dev tools to inspect the various elements to see what you need to target - this guide on the subject is fantastic.

The following is one way of solving it (probably bad but I'm not a CSS guru):

.jop-tinymce table td, table td {
}

Me too :slight_smile: never thougt i need css to organize my notes ......
but i love joplin and it's features, trying evernote, onenote and other programs for a long time ........

is this prefix ".jop-tinymce" the key to customize the rft-editor (tinymce) using userstyle.css?
any URL on loplin-homepage (or web) to find out more?

The general idea is that the default styling should be enough for most people. The CSS tweaking is an extra "advanced feature" that allows modifications of stuff but comes at the risk that things may change without warning which is why you won't find any "official" documentation about how to change things.

There are a bunch of resources on the forum like the one I linked to (mostly posts you can find in the "wiki" heading at the top) where people share how to style various elements of the app. It does require some CSS knowledge though. For example Joplin Customization

Pretty much, yes, although you won't be able to just throw it in anywhere, you still need to inspect the elements manually if you want to style something specific.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.