Android Open Internet Links With External Browser

Hello,

I’ve been using the app for quite some time now and I really do like it. I’m wondering about the change that seems to have occurred today on android. Links now seem to open within the app rather than with my external browser. I’m on android and use Firefox Focus as a separate browser. For a long time now when I opened links in my notes (it’s how I store my bookmarks to sync across devices, among all my other notes) it would open in firefox focus, now it seems to open in the built in browser of Joplin.

When I checked the release notes it looked like today there was an update and I see “Fixed regression when opening links” as the change listed. Perhaps this means what I had gotten used to was a bug rather than a feature.

I’d like to ask if it’s possible to offer the option to open links with external browser as I prefer using Firefox Focus for browsing / greater privacy and found the former behavior to be ideal for this.

Thank you for your consideration and for this great app.

If it helps my device details are:
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8.0.0
Kernel 3.18.71
App Version: 1.0.330

This has been fixed in the new version released earlier today.

My fault, I didn’t notice the Update button in the play store to update to latest (I think I got too used to apps auto-updating). Works as it used to now that on version 1.0.331

Thanks, will remember to check for that update button next time!