Quick Links: 1.3.0
Search & Replace: 2.2.0
Text Colorize: 1.2.5

Sync target

Nextcloud

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

The last version (2.13.15) would sync to Nextcloud quickly and efficiently.
I updated to 2.14.17 and now I sometimes have a normal sync on Win laptop, but mostly it appears to stuck and never ends. If I quit and restart a number of times, eventually it will complete the sync.
I wanted to go back to 2.13.15 but that didn't work due to the changes in 2.14. :frowning:
For info, I also sync to the current Android version and that is fast. It usually takes between 15-35 seconds to complete.
How do I debug what is happening and problem solve this never ending sync?

I updated this morning to 2.14.19 and will report back if this continues.
Please note that there are no error messages. There are many warnings. There are too many to list so I'll post a portion from the top and bottom of the warning list. They appear to have the same issue "Unexpected end of JSON input"

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/index.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/AsyncActionQueue.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/shim.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/locale.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/path-utils.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/path.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/Logger.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/Setting.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/eventManager.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/BaseModel.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
another 600+ warnings
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/makeDiscourseDebugUrl.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
2DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/Dialog.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/PasswordInput.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/Dialog.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/IconSelector.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/PdfViewer.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/StyleSheetContainer.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/themeToCss.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/ImportScreen.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/import-enex.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/import-enex-md-gen.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/index.cjs.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/markdown.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/ResourceScreen.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/Navigator.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/WelcomeUtils.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules@joplin\utils\dist\Logger.js:221 09:43:55: Plugin: onContentScriptMessage: No such content script: SearchAndReplace

Have updated a few times since posting this originally. The sync performance has only gotten worse.

Presently running same version on Mac and Windows.
The sync never ends on Windows. I quit, restart, quit, restart and eventually it completes the sync. I have added perhaps 1 or 2 text notes and 1 or 2 webpage capture a day. Occasionally I'm getting a locked file notice from Joplin (from Nextcloud) but it fixes itself without intervention in the next one or two restarts.

As a comparison using present Android on my tablet, the sync takes 17-20 sec.

At one point with an earlier version, the Windows and Mac sync was fast.

Joplin 2.14.20 (prod, win32)
Client ID: d8e1b957136d49faa0c1deca06869952
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 46
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: cfd98e3

Backup: 1.4.0
Conflict Resolution: 1.2.3
Inline TODO: 1.7.0
Menu items, Shortcuts, Toolbar icons: 1.1.0
Quick Links: 1.3.0
Search & Replace: 2.2.0

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to debug this? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.