Wget Installation Routine abort under puppy linux

I will use the the wget Installation Methode of the Website for Linux, but I use PUPPY Linux and the Script abort with the comments, that the Script cabt use with root. I schoukdntry the Parameter - - allow-root. But how can I use These Parameter when I use the wget Methode?

It might be better to ask this question on a puppy linux specific forum. I did a quick google search but didn’t find anything specific to what you’re asking.

1. Save the script to disk and run it from disk. (Not put it to sdtout and pass via pipe to shell)

2. Don’t do it as root anyway. Very bad idea.

Thx, but Puppy works "only" with root, User Profile is Experimental. And its ok so.
I use it carefully :slight_smile:

Yes, Google have not ever a answer :slight_smile:

Is the saving local copy of the script (by wget) and then run it with command line argument the feasible way?

Haz there been an Update or Solution 2 installing or Running Joplin on Puppy Linux?
or maybe an Appimage? Please & Thanx ;-)K

The Linux install script downloads an AppImage and creates a desktop icon. The AppImage itself can be downloaded from the Joplin releases page.

Thanx Mate 4 your Reply, I have Successfully Started the Joplin AppImage ( & FreeTube AppImage ) from the Terminal w/ the --no-sandbox aRgument, But I have 2 Keep the Terminal Open Otherwize it Kills the AppImage.

Thanx 4 this Fabulous App

;-)K

Not my app, but I am sure that @laurent is happy you think that Joplin is fabulous!! :slight_smile: