Sharing notes or notebooks

@laurent Why not get and filter out some files through web api, and then write it to the specified directory instantly, after that, you can choose your favorite way to sync to any place and share it.I think that this does not conflict with the need to generate a static blog site - it should be possible to reuse part of the process. If no one realizes it, after I use and improve the vscode plugin, I will start to implement it (I have a need to generate a static blog)

I couldn’t read all that. But I just thought I’d share this … The matrix guys are doing interesting things where everything is end-to-end encrypted and you can self host and yet be a part of the larger network. In the end, the only way to share encrypted data between parties is through public key cryptography which include sharing, verification, and revocation processes. It’s not trivial.

Anyway. This is a neat read:
https://matrix.org/blog/2020/06/16/matrix-decomposition-an-independent-academic-analysis-of-matrix-state-resolution

2 Likes

Matrix has crossed my mind. Imagine a bunch of self hosted joplin collab/share servers connecting all users on each server together. That would indeed make the feature more easily accessible and more competitive to proprietary note collab solutions, presumably with e2ee and the fundamental server functionality already taken care of. I suppose it might also work quite well with the per line update model i’m prototyping.

2 Likes

I think Nextcloud or Owncloud is the way to go since these services are federated like Matrix and are designed for cloud storage.

Hi There,

first of all thx for the nice work you put in.

At the moment I do use 2 profiles (profile Alice and profile Bob) in Joplin mainly on the Win 10 desktop app.

1. How I can find the Joplin notes I want to share in Nextcloud?

I do have an empty Joplin folder in Nextcloud.
In my Nextcloud main folder there are a lots of .md-files e.g. 0a9b646940274dbfb59032075d4ef58b also a file called info.json and one .owncloudsync.
As I can remember these did appear a year ago when I installed Joplin for the first time.

1. If these are the files how can I distinguish them from each other?
  2. And is it possible to get them into this Joplin folder in Nextcloud anyhow, preferably the note from profile A separated from profile B?

Unless I misunderstood your intentions, you can't do that with Nextcloud.

I think what Tessus meant is, you can code something running on your local machine (or in a Joplin plugin). And you can code it to upload to Nextcloud.

Please don't mess with your sync folder in Nextcloud, or you're gonna have a bad time.

(And happy new year, everyone!)

1 Like

Thx Mate, Any other ideas of sharing notes?

I got this one!
Other post with - crating a sync taget folder

Is here someone who have coded something like that - for sharing Joplin notes though Nextcloud?