Question: Can additional files be added into a RAW export directory?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

What issue do you have?

I did a backup last night as a Joplin RAW directory and there are six new files this morning. I'd like to just add these files to the directory where I put the backup last night. Can I just do another export of these six files into that directory? Will all the files (from last night and the six new ones) then be imported if I were to do an import from that directory? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but it would really help me to know if this possible. It seems like it should work this way.

Marian

Yes that would work, as long as they are not part of a new notebook.

Thank you for answering me. I did a small test in my test profile - exported a small directory as RAW, then selected some random files from another directory and exported them into the first one's RAW directory. When I imported all the files, they all went into the import folder - the ones from the small directory into a sub- directory of the same name, and the random files simply into the Import directory. This would work for me, because the library is small and I would know where to file the random files. Is this result something other than what you said?