Pre-release v1.5 is available with support for media players (updated 26/12/20)

v1.5 should be smaller in scale than the two previous ones, focusing mainly on bug fixes and improving the plugin system.

The one big change is that the macOS app is (or should be) notarized. So if you have a Mac please let me know if you are still seeing the below message or not:

Download from: https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/releases

• New: MacOS: Notarize application
  • Improved: Plugins: Improved note change event handling.
  • Fixed: Fixed basic search when executing a query in Chinese (#4034 by Naveen M V)
  • Fixed: Fixed importing ENEX files that contain empty resources
  • Fixed: Fixed issue with note not being saved when a column is added or remove from Rich Text editor
  • Fixed: Fixed numbered list bug in markdown editor (#4116) (#3917 by @MichBoi)
  • Fixed: Fixed potential crash when watching note files or resources
  • Fixed: Focus editor after pressing toolbar buttons (#4037) (#4036 by @CalebJohn)
  • Fixed: Prevents crash when invalid spell checker language is selected, and provide fallback for invalid language codes (#4146)
3 Likes

No more message ! Thank you for your work :grin:

1 Like

Anyone else tried to install the macOS app? Just want to confirm that it works in all cases.

From 1.3.2 to 1.5.4 no more message to authorize the app in the pref panel. Just a warning asking if I want to open an app downloaded from internet. Thank you !

2 Likes

v1.5.7 is now available. The main change is the addition of the media player feature for audio, video and PDFs. Also added a way to dismiss the Rich Text editor banner.

I think for v1.5, that will be pretty much it. I'll add Caleb's pull request about editor commands when it's ready and maybe a few more bug fixes.

• New: MacOS: Notarize application
  • New: Add support for media players (video, audio and PDF)
  • New: Added doc about Rich Text editor and added way to dismiss warning banner
  • New: Plugins: Add support for workspace.onSyncStart event
  • Improved: Improved warning banner colors
  • Improved: Plugins: Commands would not show up in keymap editor when no shortcut was associated with them
  • Improved: Restrict auto-detection of links, and added option to toggle linkify (#4205)
  • Improved: Rich Text: Do not converts to markdown links URLs that would be linkified
  • Improved: Translation: Update zh_CN (#4195 by Zhang YANG)
  • Improved: Update Mermaid: 8.8.1 -> 8.8.4 (#4193 by Helmut K. C. Tessarek)
  • Improved: Plugins: Improved note change event handling.
  • Fixed: Fixed basic search when executing a query in Chinese (#4034 by Naveen M V)
  • Fixed: Fixed importing ENEX files that contain empty resources
  • Fixed: Fixed issue with note not being saved when a column is added or remove from Rich Text editor
  • Fixed: Fixed numbered list bug in markdown editor (#4116) (#3917 by @MichBoi)
  • Fixed: Fixed potential crash when watching note files or resources
  • Fixed: Focus editor after pressing toolbar buttons (#4037) (#4036 by @CalebJohn)
  • Fixed: Prevents crash when invalid spell checker language is selected, and provide fallback for invalid language codes (#4146)
  • Fixed: Fixed issue when searching for text that contains diacritic (#4152) (#4025 by Roman Musin)
  • Fixed: Fixed issue with attachment paths being invalid when user has spaces in home directory path.
  • Fixed: Fixed title input field width on small windows
3 Likes

v1.5.8 is now available:

• New: Plugins: Add support for content script asset files, for Markdown-it plugins
  • New: Plugins: Add support for context menu items on notebooks and tags
  • New: Plugins: Added a way to execute commands from Markdown-it content scripts
  • Improved: Use plugins whenever printing or exporting notes
  • Fixed: Fix End key behavior with Codemirror spellcheck (#4215 by Caleb John)
  • Fixed: Fixed importing ENEX files that contain resources with invalid mime type
  • Fixed: Fixed importing certain code blocks from ENEX
  • Fixed: Plugins: Fixed disabling plugin files that start with "_"
  • Fixed: Register Markdown editor commands with the Keyboard Shortcut editor (#4136) (#4130 by Caleb John)

Found a minor problem. None of these in the Edit menu work, when clicked on in the menu.

They work when using the shortcuts, except Sort selected lines. This never works, but I don't need it anyway, but I guess others might.

Joplin 1.5.8 (dev, darwin)

Client ID: e354a932e6e143c782264aad4112b674
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: f16fd6462 (dev)

My mistake, looks like I accidentally introduced a typo and forgot to double check the menu commands. PR is here.

Sort selected lines works fine for me. Do you think it's a keybinding issue? Do you see an error or anything? Previously there was an issue with macOS keybindings in codemirror, but it should be find now that they're using the keymap service in Joplin.

1 Like

Not quite sure, I tried a few different.

Actually yes. I only noticed it just now, since the console was hidden behind the main window. I really shoulf have checked. Sorry about that.

CodeMirror.tsx:226 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: editorRef.current.execCommandFromJoplinCommand is not a function
    at CodeMirror.tsx:226
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /Users/tessus/data/work/joplin/packages/app-desktop/gui/NoteEditor/NoteBody/CodeMirror/CodeMirror.js:8
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/Users/tessus/data/work/joplin/packages/app-desktop/gui/NoteEditor/NoteBody/CodeMirror/CodeMirror.js:4)
    at Object.execCommand (CodeMirror.tsx:125)
    at useWindowCommandHandler.ts:48
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /Users/tessus/data/work/joplin/packages/app-desktop/gui/NoteEditor/utils/useWindowCommandHandler.js:8
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)

No worries, thanks for sharing it. The fix will be available soon.

• New: Add table captions when importing ENEX files
  • Improved: Display Katex parsing errors
  • Improved: Removed warning for Markdown editor spell checking
  • Improved: Update macOS icon for macOS Big Sur
  • Fixed: Fixed context menu when the UI is zoomed in or out (#4201)
  • Fixed: Fixed issues when importing hidden tables within hidden sections in Enex files
  • Fixed: Prevent double paste when using Shift+Ctrl+V (#4243)