Plugin: 🎊 ReMoods Theme [NO LONGER MAINTAINED]

Umm... First thing first, for the eye-health reason, honestly, I don't recommend using pure black as the editor background color.

This background color is only for the background when starting Joplin, and it's not related to the editor background. If you want to change the editor background color, you should add custom CSS to change it:

Add the below code into your userstyle.css and within the :root { } section:

--render-viewer-bg-color: hsl(var(--usp-remoods-hue),   8%,  27%) !important;

And add this one into your userchrome.css :root { } section:

--code-mirror-bg-color: hsl(var(--usp-remoods-hue),   8%,  27%) !important;

You can edit the percentages to fit your needs.

Additionally, if you can accept the original OhmineDT background color, you can edit it to 11%, 13%. At least, it's better than pure black. It's just a suggestion, make your own choice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. I didn't realize that pure black background might not be good for my eyes. I'll keep that in mind--especially since I use black background for other apps, too.

EDIT: I tried a few options, and I like the 11%, 13%.

1 Like

When we keep reading on the screen with tons of high color contrast contents for a long time, our eyes might get hurt. It's just akin to holding a flashlight in your eyes and keep turning it on and off. While pure black seems more fashionable, most of the dark mode products don't care about the color contrast, they were just implementing the feature to fulfil the market needs. And one of the reasons I made this theme is because note-taking app is one of the longest time spent software in general daily use.

11%, 13% will be used as a night mode in the future, but it needs all the other colors to be changed to match. But I don't know, I really want to make it out if I can.

ReMoods Theme (BETA) V1.0.17 Updates 2022-10-05

These updates included visual bug fixes for Linux:

• New: Add options for changing the styles of insert text and strikethrough text

• Change: Insert text and strikethrough text symbol set to turn off by default
  • Improve theme settings page content clarity
  • Improve PDF visuals
  • Fixed notebook panel note count label text align
  • Fixed insert and strikethrough symbol styles
  • Fixed notelist panel unexpected border
  • Fixed inline code symbol color
  • Fixed options page main content area bottom padding
2 Likes

Looks awesome!

Have you considered sharing the mood with multiple people by integrating a live editor as mentioned here?

That would be a killer feature.

Thank you! The Live Edit feature seems a good idea, but unfortunately, ReMoods is only a theming plugin, and I think it doesn't fit the goal of ReMoods.

Additionally, the live edit feature seems doesn't fit how Joplin currently stores data. I think Joplin Cloud will play a better role if it implements the feature.

ReMoods Theme (BETA) V1.0.23 Updates 2022-10-09

• New: Added option for enabling the h1 twill pattern and set turn off by default
  • New: Added option to enable dotted style for blockquote

Google Photos

• Fix: Fixed nested blockquote appearance
  • Improve clarity of options page head note
2 Likes

Hi,

Did you plan to add your white theme project ?

1 Like

Hi @bepolymathe, yes, but I can't make sure the time to publish it yet due to I lost the theme modes backup codes accidentally, so I'm re-creating it, and actually the day mode is my priority one. You know, after the previous experience, I'm a bit afraid to make a time promise to you. But yah, I'm trying my best to make it out as soon as possible, and I hope that will appearing within the next few publish versions of updates If there no more any accident.:sweat_smile:

Sorry for keep you waiting :woozy_face:, and thank you for keep paying attention to my theme!:slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:

The current ReMoods default theme mode is the dusk mode. Although it's best fit for warm and medium light environment, but it's also fit for general use under day light or low light environment, that's why I published it at first. It's completely fine-tunes for the color contrast, and make sure everything is comfortable to read even switching between all the colors.

So, If you find anything is hard to read please let me know that, it would be helpful.

1 Like

ReMoods Theme (BETA) V1.0.25 Updates 2022-10-13

• Fixed: fix unexpected margin in markdown editor. (Important: If you experienced the text cursor positioning in the wrong place, it would be solved by this fix.)
  • Fixed: input & dropdown text color in options page.
1 Like

ReMoods Theme (BETA) V1.0.26 Updates 2022-10-13

• New: added code block error syntax text color in markdown editor
  • Fixed: markdown syntax affecting code block content (avoid all special text appearing in code block.)
  • Fixed: code block padding at line start

@Sinacs - I was wondering, are the dots on the left and right side of the code blocks intentional?

Yes, it is. Do you think that weird? :smiling_face_with_tear: And why is your text so small?

Regarding the text, I am actually not sure. I just installed the plugin but maybe there are additional steps I need to take.

It would be really cool if there was a setting where the dots could be toggled back to a straight line for those who may prefer it that way. :slight_smile:

Ok, I've created the issue#3 on GitHub, and you will see what you want in the next update. :love_you_gesture:

Thank you for telling me this!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

I am also wondering, is there a way to smooth out or rework the 3 sections at the top of the application (Notebooks, Search, and Note Title)? The user interface (UI) of the theme brings rounded corners to many of the UI elements, however the Notebooks, Search, and Note Title are all squared corners which does not match the other UI elements. It is quite jarring to look at. Is it possible to update this to make the app UI appear more consistent? Here is an example:

2 Likes

I forgot it! The original thought is supposed to link those three headers together, however, it creates an unfixable problem. So I finally removed it, and completely forgot to style it again. That's fine, I will follow it up.

1 Like

Sounds great! I went ahead and logged an Issue for it on Github. I hope thats helpful.

1 Like

I wanted to follow back up on the small font size of text inside a code block. I was curious if you are seeing this same font dissimilarity between normal text and text inside a code block @Sinacs?

ReMoods theme active:

No theme active:

As you can see the font inside the code block is significantly smaller with the ReMoods theme enabled. Any thoughts on how to fix/adjust this?

You should change the font size by editing the external CSS manually when you are not using the recommended fonts. All settings are based on the recommended fonts in ReMoods, and the monospace fonts are usually little bit bigger than the non-monospace fonts, so I set it to 12px.

As you can see the code block screenshots on the GitHub repo, the fonts size is fine to read.