New Simple Joplin's UI and UX by giteshsharma

First of all thanks everyone for appreciation and praising

I tried to include all the things that I previously missed and thanks everyone again for pointing out these things.

UPDATE 1

Few Small Features Ideas and Updates
fullscreen
layout

Hide Sidebars

This feature will perfectly work as sidebars are hidden but icon bars have less opacity,
whenever user move cursor on the right side of the screen icons will be more visible.

Properties

Instead of using two different button, we can show properties by single button

Search

@bedwardly-down I tried to improve the search bar and searching, I think you were suggesting the same thing, Isn't it?

I tried to improve this in new mockup, check them out

Updates for previous layouts

1. Adding back/forward button
  1. Adding Tags

3. Managed Icons

Damn correct, I think these new layout will solve this problem and I also added classic Joplin design in mockup.

I had the same thoughts and tried both things (lines and different bg), but finally moves some buttons at bottom as you can see in the layouts and horizontal lines for buttons which have same functionalities.

Although I tried lots of other things and put them in google drive and you can view them by visiting the link at bottom of this post. And If you have other suggestions then please add as your suggestions are good

Brief is title and it will stay top of the screen

4. Plus sign in header to add new notebook/ new notes

Done

Classic Joplin Layout

I tried few more changes in classic joplin layout

Different Layout

I create another layout but does goes forward with it, what are your thoughts about this one.
In this layout I put tags below title.

EDITOR+VIEWER

I think markdowns are not that great in this mockup and will them for sure

Other Layouts

I tried lots of other things in icon-bar like diff bg color, border etc and these things are not included in this post. I choose the best one for the post but still If you can check them out and give feedback it will be really helpful. I uploaded them on google drive
Link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SN87Y5Lo6rmwYMdTI7PSzy_SFUWCuj8b

TODO Feature

This feature is not included right now in the above layouts because we wants global todo list and local todo list both. And I am note sure how to implement this.

I am thinking of creating a todo box in notes-list just like I created for tags in notebooks-list. And dividing global and local todos there

If you have any Idea please share.

Yeah It will be great if we add such an option for user

You are right, we will add an option to switch editor/viewer's position to left and right and this will solve this problem.

11 Likes