New Joplin icon, second round - poll is closed

E is weird and B, C are just too boring and generic, so nobody vote for them pls :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can we add the original one as option as well?

5 Likes

No, sorry, those were the most voted on options.

1 Like

"D".
And I thought about slightly un-bending the J's tail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is rather a matter of perspective. The use of negative space (as an addition to the already outer form) is brilliant. It might look weird, but it has the most thought-out concept. I wish I would have come up with this icon. I'm not a designer, but I learned a lot about art and design concepts and this one is truly smart.

But I also like the original icon as it was very recognizable compared to other icons, thus D is also a nice simple icon, which leans more towards the whole elephant/trunk idea discussed in previous topics.

Finding an icon is incredibly hard and I'm very curious which one will be the new Joplin icon.

I definitely prefer the current one.

1 Like

I see no problem with the current one and so prefer D as an alternate as it is close to the current. Bill

1 Like

I think the J icon already won the hearts of people that use the app. Thatā€™s why there are so many voices for D. It is on the familiar field and as close to simple J as could be. I think that the outcome of this poll is predetermined. Place all of them on a same background, and you will sell more of the deviance.

If @laurent is sure about the need to make a change, maybe he should trust his heart or a marketing pro on this. But really the J icon is already so deep in us it is hard to move away from it.

1 Like

D is just too music looking as for Eā€¦seriously? that needed to be redone at least once to even be on the list.

I voted for A & C, B is exactly toilet paper, though nothing against it, some poets used to write on it, in the absence of cigarette boxes :slight_smile: Now, from D & E, I prefer the original Joplin icon, it's more austere, simple and to the point. E is too abstract, almost robotic or a sign from an obscure language and D is oscillating between calligraphic and typographic modes. I could say that the original icon is my preference, counting what I've voted as well. Actually, from the offered selection I prefer just A, and I would change my vote including solely A.

Yes, unbending or un-curling would be fine.

I voted D even if I feel thereā€™s something wrong with it too. That was without reading any of the comments (Iā€™m not sure because itā€™s a feature of the poll to not show them -actually if it isnā€™t it would probably be a good feature, generally speaking- or because I just didnā€™t scrollā€¦).

Like some people already told in previous poll replies; the current logo is still the best, also for me. So I will not vote.
There is more work to do at the interface design, sure for the Android version.
Thanks for this amazing app!!!

1 Like

I like E from moenawar85 and agree with the points made by @tessus. I like the original version of E better thoughā€¦ the one with the shadows. Any reason thatā€™s not represented here?

Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Letā€™s leave the poll open till the end of the month and weā€™ll collect the results from here and Patreon.

I agree ā€” both on

• the old icon being the best although D is not bad, no fuss, clear, ... and on
  • how great the app is :slight_smile: ...
    Thanks.
4 Likes

I clicked the vote now button, but it did not do anything. I chose E and C, but D and C are as good. However, I like the reverse paperclip the best. Why is that not an option?

1 Like

after voting, I still think the current one is better than any options I voted

6 Likes

Poll is closed and results have been released. Weā€™ll now compile this with the results on Patreon and decide on the icon. Many thanks everyone for participating!