Moving texts in (code) editor Version 1.0.218

Hello

in Version 1.0.218 I can’t move a text with the mouse.
In earlier versions I could mark a text with the mouse and place it on another posiotion using the mouse.

Kind regards,
Marvin

This was intentionally changed because it was causing a bug when the text was dropped sometimes.

Is that bug scheduled to be fixed? It’s amazing how much I relied on that ability; I’m thinking about rolling back to that version because I used it so much and never saw any problems. Thanks.

It was never officially supported and I assumed almost nobody would drag and drop text, but I guess I was wrong.

I’ll restore it in the next version, but I won’t fix the related bug because I’m probably less wrong to think it doesn’t affect many people (only got mentioned once over many years).

2 Likes

Done - https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/commit/780c5c80aef1556feb50bb8969249ef33f314df1

2 Likes

Thanks!
I’ve used it a lot in the past.

All the best.

Marvin

What I like about this drag-n-drop functionality is that it is separate from the clipboard. I can keep text in the clipboard for pasting, then using mouse-highlight-then-drag-drop to rearrange text does not affect the clipboard buffer.

Thanks!