Making lists

When you are using the WYSIWYG editor in a new note, if you click on the bulleted or numbered list buttons, Joplin created MD code, not HTML.

If you have a note that already has HTML lists, Joplin inserts HTML code, not MD.

For those who want to do things in MD, they will use the MD editor. For those of us who don't want to use MD, and use the WYSIWYG editor, defaulting to HTML makes more sense. You already allow me to import all of my Evernote notes as HTML (I did this because most of them are web clippings). I should be able to stick to HTML, without MD being forced upon me, creating two types of note, and two editors that I have to deal with.

I don't mean to sound critical. I am looking at this from the perspective of a long time user of Evernote, who saves lots of useful information from web pages, and occasionally creates simple notes by hand. For me, it is an information repository.

I've been looking for years, for an Evernote replacement that is simple, and doesn't require me to put everything in someone else's cloud.. Joplin is getting close.