Joplin White Theme [MAINTAINERS NEEDED]

Joplin White theme is in need of maintainers. If you are interested, contact @BeatLink

I've created a new White Theme plugin for use by joplin. It is based on and inspired by: GitHub - LongBay/Joplin-Light-Theme: A light theme for Joplin

It has the following features:

• Uses white as much as possible (no dark or gray sidebars)
  • Customizable colors, icons, font sizes, list item heights and more
  • Implemented in plugin format for quick installation
  • CSS cleanup and refactoring

The source code can be found here: GitHub - BeatLink/Joplin-White-Theme: A white theme for Joplin, for those of us who aren't vampires ;)

7 Likes

Great ! Can you add a screenshot ? Thanks :wink:

It's been added!

2 Likes

Could you add some other themes?Thanks!

1 Like

I plan to expand on the white theme by adding settings options to change certain colors, item heights and so on.

Currently im thinking of the following settings options:

• Background Color: Currently Set to White
  • Accent Color: Currently set to light gray
  • Item Height: For notebook, tags, and note item heights
  • Font style and size.
2 Likes

Hey guys, I just finished a complete overhaul of the theme. Now it looks much more modern and not so spartan. In addition, there are now customization options for the theme on the settings page. Go ahead and update and let me know what you think!

2 Likes

Could you provide a Screenshot of the overhaul?

The first post has been updated. A lot of what you see is customizable however.

1 Like

@BeatLink - Kindly see the following issue logged for this theme: UI Icons Appear Broken(?) (#1) · Issues · Code / joplin-plugin-white-theme · GitLab

Kindly see the following bugs logged:

Search Clear Button Occasionally Broken (UI) (#2) · Issues · Code / joplin-plugin-white-theme · GitLab

Don't you think the hierarchy of his folders is not obvious enough, and whether or not you should add a cascading button.

New issue.

Hey guys, I have some unfortunate news: I'm no longer able to maintain my joplin related plugins as I've moved away from Joplin to using other apps.

Apart from joplin's performance issues (slow load and response times, slow sync times, constant freezes, huge amounts of RAM use, huge amounts of storage use) and almost unusable mobile app, joplin is simply not designed for anything more than storing notes and the most basic of todo lists. It was never really designed to be a to-do system. No matter how many features i try to put into the plugins, they wont change the fundamental core of how joplin works.

In addition, between work and university, i've been struggling to find the time to maintain code for all my projects, including these joplin plugins.

So, unfortunately, I'm giving up my code. If anyone is willing to maintain it, you can go ahead and fork it and continue working on it. But as of now, the versions that are published currently will be the last. Sorry guys :confused:

To make it easier for future developers ive moved the White Theme repository back to Github since thats what most developers and Joplin uses. The link is here