Home / GitHub Page

Joplin version 1.0.175

Here are some new features and improvements

New

  • New: Add warning message when user tries to upload a file 10MB or larger (#2102) (#2097)

Improvements

  • Improved: Improved text editor syntax highlighting (#2100)
  • Improved: Improved logging during sync to allow finding bugs more easily
  • Improved: Allow Electron debugging flag (#2084)
  • Improved: Updated application icons

Fixes:

  • Fixed: Restaured translations that had been accidentally deleted (#2126)
  • Fixed: Fixed warning boxes in solarized theme (#1826)
  • Fixed: Prevent sync from happening if target dir could not be created, in local sync (#2117)
  • Fixed: Handle rare case when notebook has a parent that no longer exists, which causes a crash when sorting (#2088)

Download

Typo

Jolpin

in title

1 Like

I am having the same issue as 1.0.173 (I skipped 1.0.174): after opening the app no notes were visible. I have to remove the Joplin folder in ~/Library/Application Support and start the app again.

When trying to build 1.0.175 according to BUILD.md I run into the following error:

npm ERR! Linux 5.3.11-100.fc29.x86_64
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/home/jv/node_modules/.bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! node v10.16.3
npm ERR! npm  v2.15.12
npm ERR! code EPEERINVALID
 
npm ERR! peerinvalid The package markdown-it@8.4.1 does not satisfy its siblings' peerDependencies requirements!
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer markdown-it-anchor@5.2.5 wants markdown-it@*
npm ERR! peerinvalid Peer markdown-it-toc-done-right@4.1.0 wants markdown-it@^10.0.0

Syncing on OneDrive after coming up with the following error:
Created remote items: 1.
Completed: 2019-12-09 5:39 AM
Last error: SyntaxError: OneDriveApi::exec: Cannot parse JSON error:

Runtime Error body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana

Removed Joplin and renamed the data under User\AppData\Local\Programs\Joplin and the Joplin in OneDrive. After reloading all notes come back and still have the same error. Where is the notes actually stored?

In Windows I believe all your actual data is held in:

C:\Users\<user>\.config\joplin-desktop\

With the text of the notes stored in:

C:\Users\<user>\.config\joplin-desktop\database.sqlite

and any attachments (resources) in:

C:\Users\<user>\.config\joplin-desktop\resources\

When I tried to build Joplin 1.0.175 (Linux 5.3.12-1-MANJARO), joplin.desktop failed the validity check with the following error:

Building joplin...
==> Making package: joplin 1.0.175-1 (Mon 09 Dec 2019 11:31:27 AM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found joplin.desktop
  -> Found joplin-desktop.sh
  -> Found joplin.sh
  -> Found v1.0.175.zip
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    joplin.desktop ... FAILED
    joplin-desktop.sh ... Passed
    joplin.sh ... Passed
    v1.0.175.zip ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

I changed Version=1.0.174 to Version=1.0.175 in the joplin.desktop build file, and it built successfully.

Thank you. I’ll check it out and see what I can figure out.

That was the spot. Thank you for your help dpolton!

Where did you get joplin.desktop from? It’s not (as far as I know) a part of the build stage.

Can’t run Joplin 1.075 (1.074 too) with macOS 10.15.2

I have the “Automatically update the application” checkmark in the Application tab under options set but not the “Get pre-releases when checking for updates”. When Joplin desktop started on Saturday there was an update pop-up so I downloaded it and installed.
Checking the https://joplinapp.org/ site though I see that 1.0.174 is still the listed version. Somehow the automatic update checkmark must have been triggered by the 1.0.175 version.
Anyway after purging the files from`C:\Users<user>.config\joplin-desktop’ and ‘C:\Users<user>.config\joplin-desktop\database.sqlite’ (thanks for the quick help) then resyncing from OneDrive everything is working perfectly again.

1 Like