Joplin version 1.0.174

Hi,

here is a short release for some fixes and improvement

• Improved: Show note count by default
  • Fixed: Do not crash when a notebook parent does not exist (#2079)
  • Fixed: Fix scaling of inline svg resource icons (#2075)

Download

Thanks! Every Joplin update removes the taskbar shortcut. Putting it back manually is not a big deal, but is that something that’s easily fixed so that upon update/install it recognizes the shortcut and so it’s it kept there?

Hi, thanks for the update.

I’d like to open a wee discussion in order to see what people think about the new “note count” improvement. I really love it but it doesn’t make sense to me that the parent notebook counts the number of notes its child have, because the parent notebook could also have notes on it and is really confusing.
I will show one example:

Say “Parent Notebook” has 3 notes at its level and “Child Notebook 2” has 6 at its level
Bad way of counting:

• Parent Notebook A (24)
    • Child Notebook 1 (5)
    • Child Notebook 2 (10)
      • Grandchild Notebook 2 (4)
    • Child Notebook 3 (6)

Good way of counting:

• Parent Notebook A (3)
    • Child Notebook 1 (5)
    • Child Notebook 2 (6)
      • Grandchild Notebook 2 (4)
    • Child Notebook 3 (6)

To me the Bad way tells me that within Parent Notebook (when clicking on it) I will find 24 notes, which is not true, as it only has 3 notes, and that the “Child Notebook 2” has 1o notes when it only has 6.

Only when I collapse the Parent Notebook is when the count should be updated telling me there are 24 notes inside.

Does this makes sense to you?

Thanks

If you are a RHEL/CentOS/Fedora user, RPMs are available (not officially sanctioned, by the way, but I have been building them for quite some time now).

I do need help testing the RPM builds on Fedora 31. I finally got it to build, but it required some hackery. And I don’t have a Fedora 31 desktop system handy.

for me 24 should be displayed when parent folder is closed, and dispatch the count of each of them once opened

2 Likes

@laurent is my comment something that is taking into account, or should I create a new post with it?

Thanks

I’m fine if someone wants to implement the Thunderbird way that we discussed in the PR.

sorry, could you point me to the Pull Request please? @laurent