Joplin is SO superior to Evernote

I don't know why this should be a work arround. The notes can be sorted (title, creation, modification date and user defined), even by notebook level. Then why not in the search as well?

No matter if BM25 works or not, it should be an option and not hard coded how the search is sorted.
But ok, I will stay out of the discussion and say nothing more about it because I know that it is useless.

It came up often enough that I'd still like to get to the bottom of it. As mentioned in the original PR, we're going to check what other apps do, and whether we can improve the search algorithm or provide certain options if needed.

I also forgot to mention how the Web Clipper functionality is so much more flexible than Evernote's.

Totally agree with these.

I know how long the sync takes now, so just wait it out.

When making changes to userchrome.css I am always having to quit Joplin and restart it. Would love a 'restart' option in the menu.

2 Likes

What about using a tag to group your favorites? Then, just click on that tag to display them...

3 Likes

That would be a useful workaround! Still, a favorites button would always be handier, especially for less tech-savvy users. I think.

I totally blew it when I got my new tablet. It is pretty powerful and I have a good internet connection. It ended up downloaded and indexing over 45,000 items and taking over 3 hours. That surprised me. I started too late at night, and wouldn't go to bed until it was finished.