"items that cannot be synchronized" for items that do not exist

Joplin 1.3.18 (prod, win32); win 10; (more at bottom)

Using the S3 beta to sync to, well, a bucket on S3. I get the error message "items that cannot be synchronized" - with a list. The resource files are gone. OK. But if I enter those resource IDs, or the text names, into "search" they do not come up. So these are apparently entities that are not referred to by any note in any notebook (right?)

a. Why does this error appear?
b. How do I clear it it - the .png's in question aren't important anyway.

Items that cannot be synchronized

These items will remain on the device but will not be uploaded to the sync target. In order to find these items, either search for the title or the ID (which is displayed in brackets above).

SubNotebooks.png (a6dfa814259c456fbc353e4ffd42a5a1) could not be uploaded: File not found: C:/Users/bryanwi/.config/joplin-desktop/resources/a6dfa814259c456fbc353e4ffd42a5a1.png

AllClients.png (a4d6c3a550ef4248af4034dc2534f931) could not be uploaded: File not found: C:/Users/bryanwi/.config/joplin-desktop/resources/a4d6c3a550ef4248af4034dc2534f931.png

WebClipper.png (762ff724e1114097ac0614cd8b7819ec) could not be uploaded: File not found: C:/Users/bryanwi/.config/joplin-desktop/resources/762ff724e1114097ac0614cd8b7819ec.png

Client ID: e0aebc91397147829a3999939de42292
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 6b75485a1 (master)

@bryanwi
Hello bryanwi,
I have a similar problem. Have you received a suggested solution to your problem? If so, what was it?
Greetings Sammy :wink:

i had the same issue yesterday.

my steps to fix (easy):
go to 'tools', 'note attachments'. then scroll down to the items (id) and delete.

should be good to go.

3 Likes

This can't possibly be applicable assistance - Thank you!

I gave up on syncing to S3, and now use dropbox instead. I don't recall this issue, and have no advice, sorry.

This is a great pity, but not a problem. It will certainly be possible to find a solution.
I hope that I can find a solution together with the forum staff.
Thank you for your reply and I wish you good work with Joplin. :wink:

I was eagerly carrying my notes. i faced this problem. it was bad to move it directly with md. I wanted to delete everything and move it manually. but when trying to sync I get the error "Some items cannot be synced". how can i fix this? (Joplin Cloud)

I don't think this is the same problem as such, there is a caveat in the help guide on attachment size >10mb:
https://joplinapp.org/help/#attachments
Are you uploading these from a mobile client?

No. i tried to switch from notion in the past. I couldn't switch properly. I then uninstalled and reinstalled. I think these are the old attempts over there

On Joplin Cloud Basic plan the item size is limited to 10 MB, so you can either delete the resources (by going into "Tools > Attachments...") or upgrade to the Pro plan.

isn't there an easier way to do this? very long list...

1 Like