How Am I supposed to find Notebooks when adding notes?

I guess the lack of replies answered your question really :slight_smile: Time to learn some programming?

1 Like

How so? I wanted to know how long this would take to modify plugin, to have a feature which would allow you to search for existing folders! I don't know how complicated it is, I don't have time to learn everything every time I need 1 small thing...

1 Like

The point that @Sofia is making is that just because you want a feature does not make it worth the time for development.
The whole idea of opening potential features up to the forums and community is to gather support and as was pointed out, there haven't exactly been people coming in their droves to +1 it.

You want a feature for a use case that seems to be fairly limited to just you and you don't seem to want to consider valid workarounds like having a single web clipper notebook to store things for later filing. Instead of adapting your workflow to the application you are asking for the application to accommodate your exact workflow.

Ultimately if you desperately need a feature that nobody else seems to want then it seems like you are going to have to work out how to develop and add that feature to the software yourself. I'm not saying it is, but you have no idea how potentially difficult it could be to add such a feature nor the consequences that could come about from implementing it. Otherwise it is simply taking development time and effort away from more wanted and popular features.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as there has already been comment on 'tone' in this thread but to me your comments come off as very dismissive and the 'bump' in the thread really isn't in the general spirit of things; it implies that your personal issue is more important than other people's discussions.

2 Likes

There is another solution: throw some funds at someone who is willing and capable of programming what you need. Also, what @Daeraxa said.

2 Likes

Yeah I did I think. I Am surprised no one thought about this tho. No note program seems to have this feature. How one is supposed to find folders to which to add...

I was just asking how hard would it be to implement it (if I did it). I don't know anything about addons. Not sure how much time it would take/cost to pay for, and it is not necessary it immediate future for me, so I asked...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.