Highlight same content on double-click

Hi @CalebJohn

Thanks for looking into this, again.
Still not working for me even using your plugin.. I've also tried on a Mac, v 1.6.8, same result.
Maybe this plugin has some prerequisites that I'm not aware of?
this is the list of my Markdown plugin (joplin default). Do you have something different?
Something I am missing to make this codemirror plugin work?

Here is what I found in the logs:

2021-01-27 08:08:06: joplin.plugins: "Uncaught exception in plugin "org.joplinapp.plugins.MatchHighlighter":", "Error: Property or method "contentScripts" does not exist in "joplin.contentScripts.register"
Error: Property or method "contentScripts" does not exist in "joplin.contentScripts.register"
    at Object.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/services/plugins/utils/executeSandboxCall.js:47:23)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/services/plugins/utils/executeSandboxCall.js:8:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (/tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/services/plugins/utils/executeSandboxCall.js:4:12)
    at Object.executeSandboxCall [as default] (/tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/node_modules/@joplin/lib/services/plugins/utils/executeSandboxCall.js:37:12)
    at PluginRunner.<anonymous> (/tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/services/plugins/PluginRunner.js:135:68)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at /tmp/.mount_JoplinhTzB0m/resources/app.asar/services/plugins/PluginRunner.js:8:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)"
2021-01-27 08:08:06: joplin.plugins: "Finished running onStart handler: org.joplinapp.plugins.MatchHighlighter (Took 780ms)"

Hi, @rugginic, just for information, your highlight-matching-content plugin, as compiled by @CalebJohn works as expected here too.

Hope you manage to find a solution.

That's a surprising bug, it looks like some lines were accidentally deleted maybe? Or you could be using an out of date version possibly?

Hi @johano and @CalebJohn,
As I already mentioned, I'm using the lates 1.6.8 version and I have installed my compiled plugin or @CalebJohn 's plugin it makes no difference for me using either Linux appimage or Mac.

Can please someone help? Because, saying "for me it works" doesn't help :wink:
What OS / joplin version are you on?
Any prerequisite you installed to make this codemirror plugin work?

I just checked on an install of v1.6.8 and it didn't work either. I was previously testing on a dev build. It looks like the plugin api has changed between v1.6.8 and v1.7.*
You'll need to update to a pre release if you want to use this plugin.

You can get a pre-release for any platform using the link below

It works in 1.7.6!

Thanks for your help!

Would it be possible to add this plugin to the plugin repository?

Thanks again @CalebJohn
Nicola

1 Like

@rugginic I have no plans to. Feel free to take the code release it if you're inclined.

@rugginic, yes should have mentioned that. Here too, I'm using a pre-release appimage

1 Like

Maybe Laurent ia ok with adding it like the ToggleSidebar plugin.... Who knows.

1 Like