what exactly did you change?
I have done npm i from root multiple times it's never successful

lerna notice cli v3.22.1
lerna info versioning independent
lerna info Bootstrapping 15 packages
lerna info Installing external dependencies
lerna ERR! npm install exited 1 in 'joplin'
lerna ERR! npm install stdout:

> keytar@7.0.0 install C:\Users\admin\Desktop\joplin\packages\app-cli\node_modules\keytar
> prebuild-install || node-gyp rebuild

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\joplin\packages\app-cli\node_modules\keytar>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild )  else (node "" rebuild )

lerna ERR! npm install stderr:
prebuild-install WARN install No prebuilt binaries found (target=12.14.1 runtime=node arch=x64 libc= platform=win32)
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Can't find Python executable "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32", you can set the PYTHON env variable.
gyp ERR! stack     at PythonFinder.failNoPython (C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:483:19)
gyp ERR! stack     at PythonFinder.<anonymous> (C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\node-gyp\lib\configure.js:508:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:284:29
gyp ERR! stack     at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:158:21)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.18362
gyp ERR! command "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\node_modules\\node-gyp\\bin\\node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\admin\Desktop\joplin\packages\app-cli\node_modules\keytar
gyp ERR! node -v v12.14.1
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.6.2
gyp ERR! not ok
npm WARN jest-config@26.6.3 requires a peer of ts-node@>=9.0.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN jsdom@16.4.0 requires a peer of canvas@^2.5.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN ws@7.4.0 requires a peer of bufferutil@^4.0.1 but none was installed.
npm WARN ws@7.4.0 requires a peer of utf-8-validate@^5.0.2 but none was installed.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.11 (node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.11: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.2.1 (node_modules\jest-haste-map\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.2.1: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! keytar@7.0.0 install: `prebuild-install || node-gyp rebuild`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the keytar@7.0.0 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2021-03-19T10_43_04_096Z-debug.log

lerna ERR! npm install exited 1 in 'joplin'
lerna WARN complete Waiting for 2 child processes to exit. CTRL-C to exit immediately.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! root@ bootstrap: `lerna bootstrap --no-ci`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the root@ bootstrap script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR!     C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2021-03-19T10_43_05_192Z-debug.log
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! root@ postinstall: `npm run bootstrap --no-ci && npm run build`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the root@ postinstall script.

npm ERR!     C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2021-03-19T10_43_06_496Z-debug.log

It tells you right here what the problem is.

Also please use triple backticks to post code or logs

Thanks for highlighting the python issue after resolving that I am bumped into this

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe". 
To fix this, 1) install the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, 2) install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or 3) add the location of the component to the system path if it is installed elsewhere.  [C:\Users\admin\Desktop\joplin\packages\app-cli\node_modules\keytar\build\binding.sln]

I have installed the .NET sdk

And? Are you getting the same error?

Having read the error message again, I think it tells you to do all 3 steps. Have you done the other 2?

Yes Fixed All the errors major error was with electron which was due to connectivity issues.

How I fixed it?
Installed Visual Studio, Python, .NET Framework
Deleted node_modules and package-lock.json
Again npm i from root folder on command line with run as administrator.
and it started working.

Hope this will save time for other people.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.