[Beta Test] Some Findings - Joplin Server / Client 2.0.1

I have not been using the official server image for testing and thought I should. I have been having problems...

I am very new to Docker so I could be making some fundamental error. Please don't be too brutal...

What I have noticed is that if I try to run Joplin server (in SQLite "mode") on an x86_64 VM (Ubuntu 20.04) using an .env file which only contains entries for APP_BASE_URL and APP_PORT and the command:

docker run --env-file .env -p 22300:22300 joplin/server:2.0.1-beta

I get a what appears to be ShareService and SQLite errors reported by Docker as Joplin Server is set up after the image download.

The errors start

2021-05-17 19:30:45: [error] ShareService: Could not update share items: Error: select `id`, `name`, `mime_type`, `updated_time`, `created_time`, `content_size`, `jop_id`, `jop_parent_id`, `jop_share_id`, `jop_type`, `jop_encryption_applied` from `items` where `id` in ('UuUDw004TMrqqZWc1qWnleGt1fEVHyfY',...
    at /home/joplin/packages/server/dist/models/BaseModel.js:8:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>) {
  errno: 1,
  code: 'SQLITE_ERROR',
  originalStack: "Error: select `id`, `name`, `mime_type`, `updated_time`, `created_time`, `content_size`, `jop_id`, `jop_parent_id`, `jop_share_id`, `jop_type`, `jop_encryption_applied` from `items` where `id` in ('UuUDw004TMrqqZWc1qWnleGt1fEVHyfY',...

Joplin server 2.0.1-beta does run and the web interface can be accessed. However when following the prompt to change the admin password the url is shown as a localhost address despite the setting in the .env file.

Interestingly admin@localhost appears to contain note data and there is also a user2@example.com.

Joplin Desktop client 2.0.1 cannot connect due to SQLite errors.

If I use the same .env file and run the same command but using @florider's version:

docker run --env-file .env -p 22300:22300 florider89/joplin-server:2.0.1-beta

I do not get the errors, "Admin"'s account does not contain data and there is no "User Two" account.

Joplin Desktop client 2.0.1 connects and syncs.

I have deleted the joplin/server:2.0.1-beta container several times and re-run the docker run command but it always errors. I have also deleted the docker container and the image and re-downloaded it and it still errors at the same point.

Is something odd going on here with the Joplin Server image on Docker Hub or should I just delete this post and leave Docker alone? :slight_smile: